Hit or Miss

Wideworld Sportswear contracts at the UA

Yesterday, the Wildcat reported that the UA Department of Trademark and Licensing has chosen another company to “”take over the lion’s share of UA apparel production.””

This apparent change in apparel companies occurred in light of the UA ending its contract with Russell Athletics.

Among other grievances, Russell Corporation was reported to have not taken appropriate measures in ensuring the rights of its workers at the Jerzees de Honduras factory.

Though the UofA Bookstore is currently selling through the rest of the Russell merchandise, the UA gets a hit for finding a replacement company when it could have been easy to overlook the reported employee abuse.

Isn’t that awkward, Oprah?

Alaska’s famous past governor Sarah Palin will be a guest on “”The Oprah Winfrey Show”” on Nov. 16, the day before the release of Palin’s memoir “”Going Rogue.”” This comes after Palin’s uncomfortable, not-so-great interview with Katie Couric,

I’m hopeful that Palin will have a better experience with Oprah, despite the fact that Ms. Winfrey campaigned heavily for President Barack Obama.

I wrote earlier on that Palin jokes are proving to be boring and unnecessary in the media, and I’m holding out for Oprah to be the bigger person and refrain from making nasty remarks.

This wouldn’t be the first time Oprah shames a guest, as shown when she publicly denounced author James Frey for fabricating his memoir. For appearing to open up to a conservative, let alone a candidate she did not endorse on her TV show, Oprah gets a hit.

— Laura Donovan is the opinions editor. She can be reached at letters@wildcat.arizona.edu.