In Brief: June 25

*AZ hosts tech job fair *
The Arizona State Government is hosting a Technology Job Fair at the Phoenix Business and Workforce Center at 302 N. First Ave. in Phoenix on Thursday. The free event will be held from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Katie Matysik, senior recruiter for the Arizona Department of Administration, said the job fair will host around a dozen state agencies, such as the Arizona Department of Revenue, the Arizona Supreme Court and the Arizona Department of Education. Matysik said the event will be mutually beneficial to state agencies looking for skilled IT personnel and job seekers in the technology field.

Ride the streetcar for free
The UA Parking and Transportation Services will be offering a free 30-day pass for Tucson’s Sun Link Modern Streetcar. Current UA students, faculty and staff wishing to opt-in must sign up through the UA’s transportations website. The pass will be valid from Aug. 15 to Sept. 14. Following the free trial period, 1-day and 30-day SunGO passes can be purchased from Sun Tran.

Club aids in communication
The UA Toastmasters Club will be holding meetings every Friday throughout the summer from 12-1 p.m. UA Toastmasters meetings are open to all UA faculty, staff, current students and alumni with identification. The meetings, held in the University Services building, are a professional development tool meant to teach attendees to improve their communication skills.

UAMC holds blood drives throughout the week
The University of Arizona Medical Center is holding multiple blood drives with the American Red Cross throughout the week. Drives will be held in the University of Arizona Medical Center Office on Wednesday from 1-3:30 p.m., the University of Arizona Medical Center — South Campus on Friday from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. and in the UA Cancer Center on Wednesday from 8-11 a.m. Donors should reserve a time to donate with the American Red Cross.