Police Beat: March 5

Woman suffers from seizure

A UA employee was taken to the University of Arizona Medical Center after suffering a seizure at 5:19 p.m. on Feb. 28.

University of Arizona Police Department officers went to the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Center to check on the woman, following a call from another employee at the center about a possible seizure.

The reporting party had been speaking with the employee when she “started to shake and fell to the ground.” When the woman began to have a seizure, the employee called the police.

According to the police report, the woman was “slow” to respond and couldn’t remember her birthday. Tucson Fire Department then evaluated the woman but she was unable to remember what had happened in the past hour.

TFD then took the woman to the University of Arizona medical Center for head trauma and her having split her bottom lip when falling.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it

A UA student was arrested and released on charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at the Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall at 8:20 p.m. on Feb. 28.

UAPD went to the residence hall in response to a report of a smell of marijuana emitting from a room on the sixth floor. An officer then knocked on the door and asked if he could enter. The resident said it wouldn’t be a problem.

The officer then told the students present in the room about the suspicious smell, and asked, “Who had it?”

A woman admitted to possessing the marijuana and retrieved a clear pipe shaped like an elephant, a snap-top container with a glass pipe and a plastic baggie containing .70 grams of marijuana.

Police then searched the woman’s room but no additional evidence was found.

The woman presented police with a California medical marijuana card, although it doesn’t allow her to possess marijuana on the UA campus. Police then took the marijuana and glass pipe for further testing.

He’s got the beat

A UA student was arrested for shoplifting headphones from the UofA Bookstore on Feb. 21 at 2:04 p.m.

Police responded to the store after a loss prevention employee had the suspect in custody. The employee informed police he saw the student take the Skull Candy headphones, worth $18.74, from a display and place them in his pocket.

The employee then went outside to wait for the man. The man sat to read a book inside, then left and was detained by the employee.

The student told police he made a mistake and stole the headphones because he didn’t have any money. The student was then cited for shoplifting and released from the scene.