“Comfortable, polished looks key for travel”

Admit it, when it comes to going on vacation, you stuff your suitcase full of every outfit that you could possibly need during the trip. You carefully consider what you might need to wear if it’s cold out, if it’s hot out, or if you want to go out.

After you’ve zipped your suitcase shut, you then consider what you are going to wear on the flight or drive to your destination. Regardless of whether it’s a short flight or an eight-hour drive, your clothing choices can make or break your travel mood.

This week, Fashion Facts asked two students to pick their favorite outfit to travel in.

photos by Alan Fullmer

Comfort is key, according to Danae Garrett (right), a marketing senior. She chose a laid-back look with a blue cotton quarter-length-sleeve shirt, white cotton pants and white flip-flops. She accessorized with her black and white Chanel purse and her Oakley sunglasses.

“”I chose it because it’s comfortable for traveling, but once you get to your destination you look cute enough to go out,”” she said.

Her outfit is also weather-friendly. It can be worn in hot weather because it’s made of cotton, but can also keep her warm in cooler weather.

Garrett is a self-proclaimed travel enthusiast. Her favorite travel destinations are Spain, New York City and Europe. She just returned from a six-week trip to Spain and said she wore this outfit while traveling through Europe.

“”I wore it on the train from the south of France to Spain,”” she said.

Journalism senior Kristien Olson also agrees that comfort is important, but believes in looking put-together and wearing items that are convenient. She chose a dressier look with a teal button-up blouse, jeans and wedge sandals.

“”The jeans are comfy, and the wedge shoes are easy to slip off at security,”” she said. “”And you can go out to dinner in it if you don’t have time to change.””

Olson, who likes to travel to Italy, Hawaii and Mexico, also considered her accessories when choosing her outfit. She wore white dangle earrings, a bracelet, Chanel sunglasses and a white Guess purse. She also brought a magazine, something that many travelers like to carry with them on long flights for entertainment.

“”Accessories are key,”” she said. “”You never know who is going to be sitting next to you on the plane.””