Rec seeks ASUA’s support for fee

The Associated Students of the University of Arizona will hear an informational presentation regarding the fee increase at the Student Recreation Center tonight according to Emily Fritze, executive vice president for ASUA.

ASUA will meet at 5 p.m. in the Ventana room of the Student Union Memorial Center.

Juliette Moore, director of Campus Recreation and Kris Kreutz, director of Administrative Services for Campus Health plan to address the student senators for the presentation. The Rec Center will be presenting the findings of a student survey concerning Rec Center and Campus Health Services resources, said Sen. Hillary Davidson. The Rec Center hopes to return to full staff from the fee and is seeking ASUA’s support.

Sen. James Brooks, appropriations board chair and secretary for the student services fee advisory board, oversees the consent agenda and sits on the board, which decides how much of $1.2 million is available for university clubs and organizations.

During tonight’s meeting, Brooks will review the consent agenda, which consists of requests by campus clubs and organizations asking for specific amounts of money to pay for guest speakers.

He said the consent agenda was approved without any controversy and there was nothing new or unusual to report.

Also Thursday, the senators will once again consider passing the resolution to oppose teachers carrying guns on campus. This item on the agenda is contingent upon the outcome of last night’s public forum, hosted by ASUA to allow students and faculty to voice their opinions about guns on campus.