Police Beat: February 19

Sorry for party hopping

A UA student was transported to the University of Arizona Medical Center for extreme intoxication on Feb. 9 at 3:30 a.m.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer responded to a report of a drunk student at Likins Residence Hall. When the officer arrived, University Emergency Medical Services was already checking the student’s vital signs.

The student’s roommate told the officer that the student had started drinking at the Delta Chi fraternity house, then gone to the Kappa Sigma fraternity house. She said the student was drinking hard liquor, maybe whiskey or vodka, and had about five shots.

The roommate told the officer the student got home at around 3 a.m. and started vomiting. The roommate called the on-call resident assistant for help.

The Tucson Fire Department took the student to UAMC for extreme intoxication. The officer followed up with the student at the hospital and told her she would be diverted to the Dean of Students Office.

She wasn’t lying

A UA student was transported to UAMC for stomach pains on Feb. 12 at around 2:12 a.m.

A UAPD officer reported to Coronado Residence Hall in reference to a student who was laying on her bathroom floor throwing up and complaining about food poisoning. UA EMS and TFD also assessed the student.

The student showed no signs of alcohol consumption and told the TFD she wanted to be taken to UAMC. The student said she was at her sorority house for a dinner with her sorority sisters and began feeling sick when she got back to her room. She said she went to the bathroom and started throwing up and couldn’t stop.

The student was taken to UAMC.

Just passing through

A non-UA affiliated man was arrested for two outstanding warrants from the Tucson Police Department on Feb. 12 at 2:48 p.m.

A UAPD officer noticed the man digging through a trash bin outside the Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity house. The man told the officer he had never been told not to dig in trash before and he was just passing through.

A warrants check on the man showed two confirmed TPD warrants.

The officer put the man in handcuffs and searched him. He had a large, machete-like knife strapped to his bicycle.

The man was taken to Pima County Jail and booked for the warrants. His bicycle and knife were placed in safekeeping.

The officer warned the man not to return to campus to look through trash or he could get an exclusionary order.