Police Beat: Sept. 14

Vomiting vodka drinker ditched on corner

Two men dropped off a man at a sidewalk curb on UA grounds and drove away as he began vomiting on Saturday.

The man was dropped off at the La Paz Residence Hall by the two unknown males at 1:45 a.m. and soon after began vomiting on the curb. A University of Arizona Police Department officer noticed the two companions drive away quickly while contacting the man. The man’s breath smelled strongly of intoxicants, he had watery, bloodshot eyes and he was unable to stand because he was wobbling. The man admitted to drinking vodka earlier in the evening.

The UAPD officer had him transported to the University Medical Center. He was cited and released for minor in possession in body.

Minor in possession … of attitude

A man was arrested for minor in possession and disruptive behavior on Friday at 11:40 p.m.

A UAPD officer on his way to Vine Street received a call about a disruptive party. As the officer entered the property grounds, he saw a man talking to a woman in an aggressive manner as she was attempting to make a cell phone call. The officer approached him and asked if everything was OK. The man answered “”yeah”” loudly as the woman began walking away.

The officer smelled a heavy odor of liquor coming from the man’s mouth, so he asked him how old he was. The man told the officer he was “”old enough”” and started walking away. At this point, the officer told the man to stop and asked for identification. He told the officer he did have it but asked, “”Why do you want it?”” A few seconds later the man identified himself with his driver’s license, which informed the officers he was only 19.

When the officer asked the man if he was of legal drinking age he said no. The man appeared upset and asked the officer why he wasn’t “”arresting all the other drunk people.”” While the officer completed his citation, the man continued to complain about his citation and his arrest. At this time several officers attempted to calm him down. They decided to have him booked to prevent further incidents. The man was transported to Pima County Jail.

It’s just foggy, I promise

A UA student was cited and released for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia on Saturday at 1 a.m.

A UAPD officer on duty was alerted of a car where two couples were sitting and smoking. The officer made contact with the people inside the suspected vehicle.

When the officer asked them to open the door, he could smell a strong odor of burning marijuana and observed smoke still present in the vehicle. The officer asked one of the women in the car where the marijuana was located. She and her boyfriend both said they did not know anything about marijuana.

The officer showed them the smoke that was still present and visible within the car with his flashlight. The woman then admitted that the marijuana was hers and that it was located in the glove box. She told the officer she had smoked it with a glass pipe that was located in a pink makeup case in the glove box. She stated that she was the only one in the group who had smoked marijuana.

The officer searched the vehicle and the contents of the makeup bag. He found a small amount of marijuana, two lighters and a glass pipe. The marijuana and the glass pipe were taken into UAPD property as evidence.

Taking a leisurely stroll … all night

A man was cited for criminal trespassing on campus the morning of Sept. 6.

The trespasser was napping on a bench on the east side of the UA Main Library when a UAPD officer spotted him. The officer tapped the male on his foot to make sure that he was OK. The officer recognized the man from a similar, previous incident and verified the man’s identity. The officer asked the trespasser why he was on campus, and the man said that he had been out walking around since last night and ended up on campus.

he man was cited and released.