What happens in Vegas

Photo courtesy of Brandon Choe/ Daily Bruin

Pac-12 player of the year Nick Johnson dunks the ball during Arizona’s 79-75 win against UCLA at Pauley Pavilion in Los Angles on Jan 9. The Wildcats enter the Pac-12 tournament at the No. 1 seed, and the Bruins are the No. 2 seed.

No. 1 Arizona (28-3, 15-3 Pac-12)
The No. 3 Wildcats come into the Pac-12 Tournament with many accolades. The tournament’s No. 1 seed has the conference’s Coach of the Year in Sean Miller, the conference’s Freshman of the Year with Aaron Gordon and the conference’s overall Player of the Year in Nick Johnson. Arizona is the Daily Wildcat’s pick to win the tournament.
Best Player: guard Nick Johnson, 16.1 points per game
The Daily Wildcat’s predication of the odds of winning: 2-1

No. 2 UCLA (23-8, 12-6)
The most talented team in the tournament, the Bruins underachieved this season. UCLA scored at a high rate but struggled to play defense. After clinching the No. 2 seed in the Pac-12 tournament, the Bruins didn’t show up against an under-matched Washington State squad and lost 73-55. UCLA will lose in the semi-finals to ASU.
Best Player: guard/forward Kyle Anderson, 14.9 ppg
Odds: 10-1

No. 3 ASU (21-10, 10-8)
Point guard Jahii Carson may be the most NBA-ready player on the Sun Devils, but the addition of Jermaine Marshall has freed up the scoring. ASU is already a shoe-in for the NCAA tournament, but if it wants to make a serious run in the Pac-12 Tournament its is going to need center Jordan Bachynski to continue to be a monster in the paint.
Best Player: point guard Jahii Carson, 18.9 ppg
Odds: 4-1

No. 4 California (19-12, 10-8)
One of the conference’s most overrated teams, the Golden Bears took advantage of a injured Arizona team to upset the Wildcats in Berkeley, Calif. Cal lost to a horrific USC team on Jan. 22 and lost at home to a Utah team that had only won one road game prior to that. California somehow managed to finish fourth.
Best Player: point guard Justin Cobbs, 15. 6 ppg
Odds: 20-1

No. 5 Colorado (21-10, 10-8)
The Buffaloes need to do well in order to secure a bid to the NCAA tournament, but can make a deep run. They play a less talented Trojan team in the first round. If forward Josh Scott can continue to be a force down by the basket, Colorado has an excellent chance to reach the finals, especially if its guards can limit the oppositions 3-point scoring.
Best Player: forward Josh Scott, 14.5 ppg
Odds: 10-1

No. 6 Stanford (19-11, 10-8)
The Cardinal had a surprisingly good season that included a couple of upset victories. Forward Dwight Powell was named to the conference’s first team All-Conference team.
Best Player: guard Chasson Randle, 18.8 ppg
Odds: 9-2

No. 7 Oregon (22-8, 10-8)
No one is hotter than the Ducks right now. And no one has had more of a roller coaster season. After winning its first 13 games, Oregon proceeded to drop eight of its next 10, only to finish the season on a seven-game winning streak.
The final stretch of the season included a upset victory at home over then No. 3 Arizona.
Best Player: guard Joseph Young, 18.2 ppg
Odds: 25-1

No. 8 Utah (20-10, 9-9)
The Utes showed much growth from 2012-13. Their one major blemish was their 2-8 road record. They also have yet to play a game on a neutral court, like the Pac-12 tournament is.
Best Player: guard Delon Wright, 16. 1 ppg
Odds: 45-1

No. 9 Washington (17-14, 9-9)
It’s been a while since the Wildcats beat Washington 71-62 on Jan. 4. But if Washington gets past Utah in its first round game, it will meet up with Arizona. However, UW doesn’t have the size or talent in the post to compete with Utah, and especially the UA.
Best Player: guard C.J. Wilcox, 18.5 ppg
Odds: 50-1

No. 10 Oregon State (16-14, 8-10)
The Beavers won’t be going to the NCAA tournament without winning the Pac-12 tournament. And that probably won’t happen. Despite having the conference’s leading scorer on its roster in Roberto Nelson, OSU doesn’t have the depth.
Best Player: point guard Roberto Nelson, 20. 6 ppg
Odds: 75-1

No. 11 Washington State (10-20, 3-15)
Though it was also a while ago, Arizona fans still probably remember holding the Cougars to 25 total points on Jan. 2. Washington State’s inability to score was a theme all season long. The Cougars scored 62.4 ppg, one of the lowest in the country (336).
Best Player: guard DaVonte Lacy, 19.1 ppg
Odds: 100-1

No. 12 USC (11-20, 2-16)
Not much needs to be said about the Trojans. They were the only team in the Pac-12 that didn’t have a single player named to the conference’s honors list or honorable mention list. There’s lots of work to be done in south central Los Angeles, and it starts with bringing in the right athletes.
Best Player: Guard J.T. Terrell, 10.0 ppg
Odds: 90-1

—Follow Luke Della @LukeDella