Police Beat

Several CDs, a tool kit, 15 gallons of gasoline and lights were stolen from a student’s car between March 22 and March 26 while the car was parked at the Sixth Street Parking Garage, 1206 E. Sixth St., reports stated.

The student told police she parked her car around 2:30 p.m. on March 22 and said she returned around 8 p.m. on March 26 to find the rear passenger window on her car broken.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A man’s car was impounded the night of March 26 after police pulled the man over for speeding at North Campbell Avenue and East Tenth Street, reports stated.

Police pulled the man over around 11:30 p.m. Police smelled marijuana. The man told police he had smoked a joint earlier in the evening.

No contraband was found in the car and the man did not appear to be impaired.

The man told police he had never been issued a license.

The man was cited and released, reports stated.

A student was cited for underage drinking early in the morning of March 25 after police saw him stumbling at North Cherry Avenue and East Mabel Street, reports stated.

Police noticed the student around 2:40 a.m.

The student admitted to drinking and said he could not remember where he lived.

The student was released, reports stated.

A rock was thrown through the window of the student’s car the night of March 24 while the car was parked in a Zone 1 lot, 522 N. Tyndall Ave., reports stated.

When police arrived around 11 p.m., the student said the back window and the right rear passenger window on his car had both been broken.

Police found a rock inside the car.

The back window on a student’s car was shattered early the morning of March 24 while the student was driving near North Park Avenue and East Second Street, reports stated.

The student said around 1:21 a.m., a black sport utility vehicle with about five people in it passed her car. The student said as the SUV passed, she heard a thud and her back window shattered.

The student did not have any other information on the SUV, reports stated.

A UA employee was cited for leaving the scene of an accident the morning of March 24 after she hit another employee’s Honda with her truck in the Main Gate Parking Garage, 815 E. Second Street, and left without leaving a note, reports stated.

A witness told police he saw the employee hit the Honda while she was trying to park on the second floor. The witnesses said he then saw the employee drive away and said he did not see her leave a note.

Police left a message for the owner of the Honda. There were scratches and paint transfer on the back of the Honda. Police searched the area around the Honda and did not find any note.

Police found a truck on the third floor of the garage and the witness said it was the one the employee was driving. There was damage on the truck consistent with the accident.

Police contacted the employee and asked her to come back to the garage.

The employee said “”Yeah I left a note and was waiting for a call,”” reports stated.

The employee first told police she had left the note on yellow paper.

Later the employee said she had left the note on a yellow napkin.

Police again searched the area around the Honda for the note.

Police asked the employee if she had any yellow napkins in her car like the one she had used to write the note.

The employee opened the glove box in her car, but only white napkins were inside.

The employee was released, reports stated.

A student’s CatCard was found the afternoon of March 26 at North Park Avenue and East Speedway Boulevard, reports stated.

Police e-mailed the student and told him where he could pick up the CatCard.

The CatCard was placed into property for safekeeping, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.