Matt Scott invited to scouting combine

Former Arizona quarterback Matt Scott was the lone Wildcat invited to this year’s scouting combine.

He is one of 16 quarterbacks invited to the combine, which gathers more than 300 draft-eligible players to try and impress NFL scouts. It will take place from Feb. 20 until Feb. 26 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, the home of the Indianapolis Colts.

Last year, former Wildcats quarterback Nick Foles, wide receiver Juron Criner and cornerback Trevin Wade were invited and picked in April’s NFL Draft.

Scott is projected to be a fifth round draft pick by CBS Sports and rated the 10th-best quarterback.

In 2012, Scott threw for 3,620 yards, 27 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, completed 60.3 percent of his throws and added 506 yards and six touchdowns rushing.

He was the All-Pac-12 second-team quarterback and was the driving force behind Arizona’s 8-5 season, which included a come-from-behind win in December’s New Mexico Bowl.

From Arizona State, punter Josh Hubner, defensive back Keelan Johnson and linebacker Brandon Magee, who recorded 17 tackles in ASU’s 41-34 win against the UA on Nov. 23, were invited.

Other notable former Pac-12 players on the official invite list include: receiver Keenan Allen (Cal); running back Kenjon Barner (Oregon); corner Jordan Poyer and wideout Markus Wheaton (Oregon State); tight end Zach Ertz and running back Stepfan Taylor (Stanford); running back Jonathan Franklin (UCLA); quarterback Matt Barkley, receiver Robert Woods and safety T.J. McDonald (USC); defensive tackle Star Lotuleilei (Utah); corner Desmond Trufant (Washington); and receiver Marquess Wilson (Washington State).

The seven-round NFL Draft will take place April 25-27.