Police Beat

An abandoned bicycle and a white toaster oven were found Saturday morning outside the Arizona State Museum, 1013 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

Police found the bike and the toaster by a staircase around 8 a.m. Police could not track down to whom the bike belonged.

The items were placed into found property, reports stated.

A student was cited for underage drinking Saturday night at Posada San Pedro Residence Hall, 601 N. Highland Ave., after the student threatened someone, reports stated.

Police arrived around 11:30 p.m. and smelled alcohol on the student. The student admitted that he had been drinking and was under 21.

The victim of the threats did not want to press charges.

The student was released, reports stated.

Members of Delta Chi fraternity and a group of six men got into a fight early Friday morning at Delta Chi fraternity house, 1701 E. First St., reports stated.

Police arrived around 2 a.m. to see two to three men fighting on the ground while a crowd watched. The fight broke up, and everyone began to leave.

Police found the six men at a nearby gas station. One of the men said his friend had been talking to the girlfriend of a former Delta Chi member at Dirtbags, 1800 E. Speedway Blvd. The former member had gotten angry and the friend and the former member began arguing.

The man said after the bar closed, the two were still fighting. He and his friends followed the Delta Chi members back to the fraternity house.

Two students said they could not remember who started the fight. One of the students said he had been hit in the face.

Neither the six men nor the Delta Chi members wanted to press charges, reports stated.

Two students were warned for trespassing early Friday morning after a fight broke out in Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., reports stated.

A resident assistant reported the fight around 2 a.m. When police arrived, the fight had been broken up, but the two students were arguing with a Coronado resident.

One of the students had a bloody nose and bloody knees.

The fight started when the Coronado resident told the two students to be quiet, reports stated.

Neither the two students nor the Coronado resident wanted to press charges.

The RA asked police to tell the students to not come back to Coronado, reports stated.

A student was cited for underage drinking early Friday morning after a UA employee found her lying on the ground on the lower level of the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

Police arrived around 3:30 a.m. The student said she did not need medical attention.

The student said she had been at a party and was really tired.

Police smelled alcohol on the student.

The student admitted to drinking and was released, reports stated.

A student was cited for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia Wednesday night after police found two rolled cigarettes, rolling papers and a plastic bag with green leafy substance in Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., reports stated.

Police arrived around 7:30 p.m. after an RA smelled marijuana coming from the student’s room.

Police heard the sound of an aerosol can being sprayed. When the student opened the door he was holding a can of air freshener, reports stated.

Police told the student the room smelled like marijuana and the student said, “”Yeah, I have marijuana, but I’m not smoking it.””

The student said police could search the room.

The student said he could not remember where he had bought the marijuana or whom he had bought it from.

Police put the marijuana, papers and rolled cigarettes into evidence.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.