ASUA’s culture festival up for funding

ASUA Senate’s Wednesday meetings plans can be summed up in one word: funds.

The Tanzbödeli project, headed by Sen. Taylor Bilby, is rehashing its senate funds requests.

Tanzbödeli is an arts and culture festival slated to occur April 1, which brings local artists to the UA in a silent auction to raise money for breast cancer research.

Last week, Bilby brought the funding request to the senate for the first time, but the effort was tabled for a delineated budget of the project as a whole. Bilby is seeking funding to create posters aimed to advertise to local artists who could donate their work in support of the cause.

Bilby noted the project is an important one for her, as she has had family members with breast cancer and hopes the effort will become an annual event.

This week’s consent agenda, now approved by its full board after last week’s addition of its seventh director, Carlita Cotton, gave out $4,692.26 to clubs this week.

Camp Wildcat Club’s request was tabled in order to give the club time to provide receipts for transportation costs. Phi Alpha Delta, the pre-law fraternity, asked for its request to be tabled until the next meeting on Oct. 25. Relay for Life, Arizona Model United Nations Club and the Dhamaka Indian Club all received only partial funding for their requests.

The last item on the agenda is the Service Olympics’ $400 prize money request. The Service Olympics was formerly the Club Triathlon of previous years, but since more activities were added this year, the name was changed.