POBEAT: 9/14/16

Silly wildcat, Trix are for kids!

University of Arizona Police Department officers responded to Coronado Residence Hall in reference to an odor of marijuana coming from a room on Sept. 8. The UAPD officer entered the building and smelled marijuana and cologne. The residence assistant had reported hearing the toilet flushed three times.

A male answered the door to the room promptly with three other males in the room. Two males admitted to smoking off campus regularly but did not bring it in the dorm and did not have any paraphernalia. One roommate said he went to the bathroom and only flushed the toilet once when police asked why the toilet was flushed multiple times.

Once consenting to a search of the room, the UAPD officer saw tobacco flakes in the trash and found a brown paper bag with dog-patterned baggies inside. According to police, the officer could smell marijuana from the baggies. Another UAPD officer helped search the room and found a Fruity Pebbles cereal box with 11 Cigarillo packages inside. The officer also found a Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal box with two dog-patterned baggies inside, just like the others.

Officers checked the bathroom where the odor of marijuana and cologne were strong and found a small amount of tobacco flakes on the floor. The students were diverted to the Dean of Students for possession of drug paraphernalia.

Not a good look

A UAPD officer responded to a report of a female who was unconscious in her room at Highland La Paz on Sept. 7 at approximately 1:00 a.m. When the officer arrived, Tucson Fire Department was already on the scene. The UA student required assistance to sit up and would fall over onto her bed if she was not supported, according to police. The student’s speech was slurred and, according to police, said she was in Seattle, Arizona at the Hub apartments.

The student’s eyes were red and watery and she was not speaking coherently. Her friend, who called UAPD, said they had been drinking at a party but it was unknown whether her friend consumed unknown alcohol when they were not together. While the friend was crying and upset, the officer noticed a moderate odor of intoxicants from her breath, but because she reported the situation to UAPD, she did not receive a minor in possession.

TFD medically cleared the student and, while the officer stood in the doorway, the student was laying on the floor. According to police, she had been throwing up and had vomit on her face and was not responding to her friend’s questions. Later that day, the officer followed up with the student. She said she was feeling better and had attended a Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity party and was taking shots of vodka. The UA student was issued a diversion for minor in possession.