UPDATED: Final: Arizona 77, NAU 13

+Receiver+Samajie+Grant+%2810%29+leaps+over+an+NAU+player+on+Sept.+19.+The+Wildcats+are+defeating+the+Lumberjacks+42-13+at+the+half.

Receiver Samajie Grant (10) leaps over an NAU player on Sept. 19. The Wildcats are defeating the Lumberjacks 42-13 at the half.

It was a blowout from the beginning as the No. 20 Arizona Wildcats defeated the NAU Lumberjacks 77-13. The Wildcats broke two school records on the day for total points with 77 and total offensive yards with 792. Arizona also scored 63 straight total points.

With the win, Arizona moves to 3-0 on the season.

“We have gotten better each week in certain places,” Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez said, “but I think there are a lot of things that we need to get better at.”

After a slow start, the Wildcats exploded in the second quarter with 35 points.

On the offensive side, it was the Anu Solomon and David Richards show.

Solomon was 25-35 throwing for 285 yards and four touchdowns and added a rushing touchdown. This season, Solomon has thrown 10 touchdowns on 104 passes and zero interceptions.

On the receiving end, senior David Richards led all receivers with eight catches for 120 yards and two touchdowns. Richards 120 receiving yards is his career high. Running back Nick Wilson rushed for 143 yards on 19 attempts and two touchdowns.

Wide Receiver-turned-Cornerback DaVonte’ Neal grabbed his first interception of his Wildcat career in the second quarter. Cornerback Cam Denson also grabbed an interception off backup NAU quarterback Kyren Poe. Safety Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles had an interception in the fourth quarter as well.

Backup quarterback and speedster Jerrard Randall rushed for a 72-yard touchdown on his first play in the game and later a 73-yard rushing touchdown. Randall was Arizona’s leading rusher for the game.

“He’s an explosive athlete and he brings a certain dimension with his ability to run,” Rodriguez said. “He can throw it too.”

All four quarterbacks for Arizona rushed for at least one touchdown.

The Wildcats now have a week prepare for a top 25 home match up with UCLA.

Offensive Players of the Game:

WR David Richards-8 catches for 120 yards, two touchdowns

QB Jerrard Randall-149 yards on 3 attempts, two touchdowns

Defensive Player of the Game: CB DaVonte’ Neal-1st career interception, 2 tackles

Game notes:

First Quarter

• With 8:06 remaining in the first, QB Anu Solomon runs for a 1-yard touchdown

Second Quarter

• With 14:19 remaining in the second quarter, QB Anu Solomon throws an 8-yard touchdown pass to WR Samajie Grant
  • With 11:52 remaining in the second quarter, NAU QB Case Cookus throws a 62-yard touchdown pass to WR Emmanuel Butler
  • With 10:55 remaining in the second, WR David Richards hauls in a 27-yard touchdown pass
  • With 9:44 remaining in the second, CB DaVonte Neal intercepts NAU QB Case Cookus
  • With 8:35 remaining in the second, RB Nick Wilson rushes for a 1-yard touchdown
  • With 3:33 remaining in the second, WR David Richards hauls in a 16-yard touchdown catch
  • With 0:14 remaining in the second, RB Nick Wilson adds a 1-yard touchdown rush

Third Quarter

• With 13:15 remaining in the third quarter, CB Cam Denson intercepts NAU QB Kyren Poe
  • With 11:17 remaining in the third quarter, Solomon throws a 13-yard touchdown pass to WR Johnny Jackson
  • With 7:24 remaining in the third, Jerrard Randall rushes for a 72-yard touchdown

Fourth Quarter

• With 13:50 remaining in the fourth quarter, Randall keeps for a 73-yard touchdown run
  • With 11:05 remaining, safety Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles grabs an interception
  • With 9:54 remaining, backup QB Brandon Dawkins rushes for 43-yard touchdown run
  • With 5:45 remaining, backup QB Zach Werlinger rushes for an 11-yard touchdown run

Follow up with us later for more on tonight’s game against NAU. Remember to follow us on Twitter.