Quick Hits

President Likins holds leadership forum today

The Office of the President and the University Advancement Office are sponsoring a Campus Town Hall today.

President Peter Likins, Provost George Davis and College of Medicine Academic Affairs Dean Kenneth Ryan are scheduled to host the event.

During the forum, which is from noon to 1 p.m. in the DuVal Auditorium at University Medical Center, participants will discuss the transition of leadership.

Those unable to attend this Campus Town Hall can access it via computer soon after the event concludes.

Visit http://video.biocom.arizona.edu/video/conferevents for more information. For other information, call 626-5832.

Healthy Heart conference begins at UMC tomorrow

UA physicians will speak tomorrow on how to prevent and treat cardiovascular disease.

The annual Healthy Heart public education conference is presented by the UA Sarver Heart Center and sponsored by University Medical Center.

The event will be at UMC in the DuVal Auditorium from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Presenters include Dr. Gordon A. Ewy, professor and chief of the Section of Cardiology and director of the Sarver Heart Center, and other members of the center.

The program will address the prevention and treatment of heart disease, stroke and heart failure. There also will be a talk focusing on heart disease in women. Registration is $10 per person, which includes a light breakfast.

For more information, call Daniel Stolte at 626-4083 or visit www.heart.arizona.edu.

‘Vagina Monologues’ continue through tomorrow

“”The Vagina Monologues”” will be performed on campus tonight at 7:30 and will run through tomorrow.

The event will be in the Social Sciences building, Room 100.

The money raised from the UA production of “”The Vagina Monologues”” will be given to the Comfort Women fund and also locally to the UA’s OASIS Program for Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence.

Tomorrow will feature a special performance from Odiako Sonora. The group strives to uphold and expand the instruction and performance of taiko, the artistic, powerful and physically demanding discipline of Japanese ensemble drumming.

Student tickets cost $8 and general admission is $10.