ASUA heads into final meeting

A multitude of presenters will get their last word in during the final ASUA meeting on Wednesday.

The Associated Students of the University of Arizona Senate will hear presentations from the Women’s Resource Center, ASUA Pride Alliance and the ASUA Freshmen Class Council. ASUA officials will also present the ASUA End of the Year Report and the ASUA Strategic Plan.

The senate is also slated to vote on bylaws for the ASUA Reserves. The proposed bylaws state that the mission of the reserves would be to give students easy access to participate in ASUA through “”exposure to volunteer, shadowing, and process facilitation opportunities as well as other capacities as deemed necessary and/or appropriate by the Director in consultation with the ASUA Executive Vice President.””

According to the proposed bylaws, those who decide to join the reserves would have to go to one meeting a semester and participate in one “”meaningful program of interaction with an ASUA-affiliated program, event, etc.””

ASUA President-elect James Allen is also tentatively slated to present his proposed changes to the ASUA bylaws. Allen said that most of his changes would be clerical or to update language, but that he was also looking to propose a new ASUA position, a communications executive director who would be charged with liasoning with media and public relationship representatives.