The Crazy Dot Com Show

Lisa Beth Earle/ Arizona Daily Wildcat

From left, Josh Steinberg, a biomedical engineering junior, Dan Canfield, a business management sophomore and Blaine Light, an engineering management sophomore, are the co-founders of The Crazy Dot Com Show,
Lisa Beth Earle
Lisa Beth Earle/ Arizona Daily Wildcat From left, Josh Steinberg, a biomedical engineering junior, Dan Canfield, a business management sophomore and Blaine Light, an engineering management sophomore, are the co-founders of “The Crazy Dot Com Show,

Looking for some zany local programming? Watch “”The Crazy Dot Com Show.”” The founders, three UA students, Dan Canfield, Blaine Light and Josh Steinberg put an interesting and undoubtedly crazy spin on presenting the news. “”The Crazy Dot Com Show”” is a Web-based blog show inspired by television programs such as “”Whose Line Is It Anyway?,”” “”The Soup”” and the local news. The show has gotten over 430 views on YouTube in the past month.

“”The purpose of the show is to provide some interesting news and topics of discussion while having a wild and crazy time along the way,”” said the creators of “”The Crazy Dot Com Show”” on their Web site.

Canfield, Steinberg and Light decided to record themselves and share their unique personalities with viewers online.

The show is completely improvised.

“”We have bullet-point reminders of what we want to talk about, but there is no script involved,”” said Dan Canfield, business junior and co-host.

The hosts get topics of discussions by searching for “”strange news”” in search engines, suggestions from viewers and compiling interesting and wacky facts throughout the week. Topics have included the Super Bowl, love, working out, music and adventure.

Light, an engineering management junior and co-host of “”The Crazy Dot Com Show,”” recommends that viewers don’t watch the show if they are easily offended.

“”Offending others is not our goal. We’re just being funny. Like in any comedy, people will find different things that they think are offensive, but we do everything in good spirit,”” Light said. “”It’s probably not a show to watch while eating a family dinner.””

Their audience consists primarily of college-aged individuals.

The show is filmed in a makeshift studio in Canfield’s apartment. To record each episode, the group uses a combination of different recording devices, including a digital camera, a video camera and a laptop video recorder.

“”We love recording and just having a random time,”” Canfield said. “”It’s a break from chaos.”” Viewers respect the students’ courage and enjoy watching their antics.

“”I heard about the show from a friend and decided to see what it was about,”” said Tia Goetsch, an elementary education freshman. “”It’s cool that these guys have the guts to do their own show.””

However, she’s not sure the show has much of a future for now.

“”They all seem to talk at the same time and talk very loudly, almost too loud for their recording system. It seems like three guys on camera just doing whatever,”” Goetsh said.

The noise level of the show’s hosts seems to be an issue with many viewers. The show’s creators are aware of their excessive outbursts and yelling, and plan to tone it down for the viewers.

The creators of “”The Crazy Dot Com Show”” are asking their viewers for donations to help make their show better. They have received some profits from selling T-shirts and posters through their online store. But they aren’t doing it for money.

“”Any donations that we receive will be used towards the future of the show, like getting better equipment,”” Canfield said.

For now the show is something that the students do in their spare time, but the creators have a larger goal in mind.

“”Hopefully the show can become inspirational and show that anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it,”” Light said.