FINAL: Arizona dominates en route to 86-59 victory over Washington State

Courtesy of Nathan Howard / The Daily Evergreen

Arizona forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson attempts a dunk during Arizona’s easy 86-59 win against Washington State at Beasley Coliseum in Pullman, Wash., on Sunday. Hollis-Jefferson and the Wildcats won their second-straight game after losing to ASU about a week ago.

No. 7 Arizona men’s basketball scored its second straight road route, by defeating Washington State 86-59 in Pullman, Wash.

The Wildcats (22-3, 10-2 Pac-12) improved to 6-3 on the road with the win over the Cougars (11-14, 5-8). Arizona was actually out-scored in the second half 40-33, but still won by 27.

The UA lead 53-19 at the half and led by as much as 36. Three Wildcats scored 17 points each and six Wildcats were above seven points.

Arizona forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson recorded a double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Forward Brandon Ashley scored 17 and had eight rebounds and center Kaleb Tarczewski scored 17 points and had four rebounds.

In the first half, Arizona shot 57 percent from the field, 29 percent from deep and 50 percent from the free throw line. WSU shot 42 percent from the field, 35 percent from behind the arc and 40 percent from the charity stripe.

Arizona point guard T.J. McConnell scored 14 points, had eight assists and five rebounds.

Game nuggets:

-UA won without backup point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright and backup center Dusan Ristic

-Arizona out-rebounded WSU 44-23

-The UA bench outscored the Cougar reserves 14-6

-The Wildcats led for 38:27 and never trailed

-Arizona scored 16 points in the paint, WSU had 12

Check back with us later tonight for an analysis column breaking down Arizona’s victory.