Arizona track and field to host Jim Click Shootout

Michelle A. Monroe / Arizona Daily Wildcat 

University of Arizona Police Department officials gave awards to UA employees and one student who helped them solve crimes or arrest people.
Michelle A. Monroe
Michelle A. Monroe / Arizona Daily Wildcat University of Arizona Police Department officials gave awards to UA employees and one student who helped them solve crimes or arrest people.

The Arizona track and field team will host the Jim Click Shootout at Roy P. Drachman Stadium this weekend.

The No. 21 men’s team and No. 5 women’s team will face Stanford, Ohio State, Iowa and Kansas State. The men will also face Texas.

Friday and Saturday, juniors Keegan Cooke and Steven Scarvelis will compete in the decathlon.

On Saturday, junior Sean Delfani and freshman Bernard Dickerson-Quinn will compete in the 400-meter run. Sophomores Kenji Bierig and Sam Macaluso will run in the 1,500-meter race. In the 110-meter hurdles, sophomore Lezo Urreiztieta will compete, and in the 400, senior Clifton Leake will compete. Leake will be joined by sophomore Thomas Moronta, Dickerson-Quinn and senior Elliot Taylor in the 4×100-meter relay. Leake and Dickerson-Quinn will then compete in the 4×400 along with sophomore Branden Helms and Delfani. Senior Edgar Rivera-Morales and freshman Jonny Giess will compete in the high jump. For the women’s squad, on Saturday, junior Germe Poston will compete in the 100-meter dash and will be joined by Shapri Romero to compete in the 200-meter sprint. In the 400-meter race, senior Georganne Moline, Romero, junior Tamara Pridgett and senior Shale’ Garland will compete. Moline will also make her outdoor season debut in the 400-meter hurdle race.

Senior Jen Bergman along with sophomore Clea Formaz will compete in the 3,000-meter race. Freshman Traci-Lynn Hicks is set to compete in the 100-meter hurdles and then join Romero, Pridgett and Poston in the 4×100-meter relay. Romero, Garland, Pridgett and Moline will be the quartet competing in the 4×400. Senior Brigetta Barrett and sophomore Shakayla McEaddy are set to compete in the high jump, and freshman Moriah Hayes will compete in the long jump.

Arizona will be represented in the throwing competitions, beginning with the shot put, by seniors Taylor Freeman and Alyssa Hasslen, juniors Julie Labonté and Omotayo Talabi and sophomore Baillie Gibson. Freeman, Hasslen, Labonté and Gibson will go on to compete in the discus, and Freeman and Gibson will also compete in the hammer throw. Senior Asia Easley will throw the javelin.