No. 8 Arizona MBB defeats Colorado by 10 points

Kohichiro Yamada

Wildcat Oumar Ballo (11) flys through the air while shooting the ball at the game against the University of Colorado in McKale Memorial Center on Feb. 18. the Wildcats beat the University of Colorado 68-78.

The Arizona men’s basketball team hit a speed bump with loss against Stanford University a week ago, but the Wildcats have since bounced back with two big wins this week versus the University of Utah Thursday, Feb. 16, and tonight, Saturday, Feb. 18, versus the University of Colorado Boulder. The Wildcats defeated the Buffaloes by a score of 78-68 in McKale Center. This is the Wildcats’ ninth win during the past 10 game games. Arizona moves to 23-4 on the season and 13-4 in Pac-12 play.

Oumar Ballo led the Wildcats in scoring with 18 points to go along with 16 rebounds. This is Ballo’s 10th double double of the season.

Three other Arizona players finished the game with double digits: Cedric Henderson, Azuolas Tubelis and Pelle Larsson.

Henderson scored 15 points on an efficient 6-8 shooting rom the field. Tubelis totaled 13 points and four rebounds during this contest.

Larsson did a little bit of everything tonight. He had 11 points, five assists and four rebounds. This is Larsson’s fifth straight game that he has scored at least 10 points.

At halftime, former Wildcat Zeke Nnaji was inducted in the Arizona basketball ring of honor. Nnaji averaged 16 points and 8.6 rebounds during his single season at Arizona. He was named the Pac-12 freshmen of the year. Naji was the 10th Wildcat to win this award in program history. Nnaji was drafted No.22 overall in the 2020 NBA Draft by the Denver Nuggets after his single season at Arizona was cut short due to COVID-19.

The Wildcats have six days off before they face off against their rival ASU on Saturday, Feb. 25, at 12 p.m. That game will be Arizona’s final home game of the season as they only have three games left in the regular season.

Follow Ryan Wohl on Twitter