Police Beat

A student was referred to the Dean of Students Office for underage drinking Saturday night after police saw him stumbling on North Highland Avenue and East Eighth Street, reports stated.

Police approached the student and asked to see some identification. The student said “”Sure”” and turned away from police when he took out his wallet.

The student then handed police a military ID. The student said he had been at a date dash and was walking home.

Police asked the student if he had a fake ID in his wallet. The student said, “”To be honest, I did, but I loaned it to a friend at the party, ’cause I can’t find it,”” reports stated.

The student had slurred speech and smelled like alcohol.

The student admitted that he had been drinking and was released, reports stated.

A $250 upright vacuum cleaner was stolen from a custodial closet in the College of Medicine, 1501 N. Campbell Ave., sometime in December, reports stated.

A UA employee reported the theft to police on Friday morning. The employee said he had not reported it sooner because items are misplaced from time to time, and he was hoping it would show up in another area.

The employee said two inventories had been taken since December and the vacuum had not been found.

The employee said the closet had been locked when the vacuum was taken from it.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A UA employee got a suspicious e-mail from a former student in the early morning of Feb. 9 at the Douglass building, 1100 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

The employee told police she received the e-mail around 1 a.m. The employee said she could not remember the former student, but said she must have taught him while she was at another university.

In the e-mail the student said he was a student of the employee in 1981. The former student said he remembered the employee because she was a “”pretentious ass,”” reports stated.

In the e-mail the former student said he now worked for the government. The former student then made comments about how awful the employee’s class had been.

The employee told police she wanted to document the e-mail in case the former student sent others, reports stated.

A student broke a window in the Arizona State Museum, 1013 E. University Blvd. while he was playing kickball Friday night, reports stated.

When police arrived around 6 p.m., the student said he had accidentally hit the window with the kickball.

There was a large hole in the window and the student said the kickball had not gone through the window.

An employee of Facilities Management arrived and estimated it would cost $200 to fix the broken window.

Police told the student he may be contacted by Facilities Management about the damage, report stated.

A student was cited for underage drinking Friday night after he came out of an alley near Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., with a bottle of champagne, reports stated.

Police noticed the student around 11:30 p.m. When the student saw police, he threw the champagne bottle.

Police asked the student to pick up the bottle and throw it in a trash can, reports stated.

The student had red, watery eyes, slurred speech and smelled like alcohol. The student was also stumbling.

The student was released, reports stated.

A student’s $100 pair of jeans, two pairs of sweatpants and three T-shirts were stolen from her closet in Skyview Apartments, 1050 E. Eighth St., sometime between Feb. 3 and Feb. 5, reports stated.

The student said she suspected a girl who lived in the building, but did not have any evidence that it was her.

The girl was not around for police to question, reports stated.

Two students were cited for underage drinking early Friday morning in Babcock Residence Hall, 1717 E. Speedway Blvd., after one of the students’ mothers called police, reports stated.

The student’s mother called police around 4 a.m. The mom said the student had called her cell phone several times and asked police to check on the student.

Police went to the student’s dorm room and found five people in the room.

The student who had called her mom was about to pass out. The other student said he had bought himself and the other student two 40-ounce beers.

Both students smelled like alcohol and admitted to drinking.

The students were then released, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.