Week at a Glance: Sept. 27-Oct. 3

Pascal Albright

“Week at a Glance” Graphic

The Daily Wildcat compiles weekly a list of important dates to make note of to help students keep track of events and academic deadlines amidst their busy schedules. Check out some of the dates to remember for this week, Sept. 27 through Oct. 3, below.

Sept. 27, 9 a.m.: Virtual University Status Update

The University of Arizona reentry task force, led by UA President Dr. Robert C. Robbins and Dr. Richard Carmona, will meet to discuss COVID-19 as it relates to campus life and procedures. To view the livestream, visit the University of Arizona’s YouTube channel. For a short summary of the last briefing, check out the Daily Wildcat‘s recap.

Sept. 28-30: Virtual Fall Career Days

Students who register for the event will have the chance to meet with potential employers virtually via Zoom. Participants can move from breakout room to breakout room as they please to talk with different employers, according to Student Engagement & Career Development career peer coach Juliana Bravo. She said many participating companies will have job or internship opportunities students can apply for. Each day has a theme:

• Tuesday, Sept. 28, 1-4 p.m.: Engineering, data and technology
  • Wednesday, Sept. 29, 1-4 p.m.: Health, biosciences, research and academia
  • Thursday, Sept. 30, 1-4 p.m.: Global impact and public service

To register, visit UA’s Student Engagement & Career Development’s website.

Oct. 2, 3 p.m.: Red-Blue Game

The Arizona men’s basketball team will play its annual Red-Blue Game in McKale Center. The Red-Blue game is a scrimmage where the team will play against itself. To buy tickets, visit Arizona Athletics’ website.

Follow Sam Burdette on Twitter