Police Beat

Woman harassed by Facebook messages

A woman called police to report that she was being harassed via Facebook on Jan. 1 at 4:15 p.m.

Police responded to the Pueblo de la Cienega dorm after a woman received messages from her roommate’s boyfriend. The messages were sent the day before approximately five minutes apart. She told officers that she felt threatened by the content and decided to talk to the dorm’s community director, who advised her to speak with the officers.

The woman said that she was not sure why her roommate’s boyfriend sent her the messages, but she believed that it may have been the result of a “”pro-con”” list she helped her roommate write about him. The woman said that the man knew she did not like him and he may have been taking out his anger about his relationship with his girlfriend through her.

She did not wish to press charges. A UA Code of Conduct report was forwarded to the Dean of Student’s office.

Man cited for trespassing, indecency

Police arrested a man on multiple charges Jan. 9 at 9:42 a.m.

While conducting a check on the fourth floor of the Main Library, an officer noticed a man with whom he had had contact earlier in August. The officer remembered that the man had been given an exclusionary order and told not to return to any UA property.

The officer made contact with the man. The man said that he remembered speaking with the officer and that he knew he was not supposed to be on any UA property, but he wanted to check out a book.

A record check showed that the man had an exclusionary order from the UA, two outstanding warrants from the University of Arizona Police Department and one outstanding warrant from Pima Community College Police Department.

All warrants were confirmed. The man was issued another exclusionary order, effective Jan. 9. He was taken to the Pima County Jail where he was booked for criminal trespass in the third degree and failure to appear on counts of public sexual indecency, disorderly conduct/language/riot, interfering with an educational institution, public insurance and violation of promise to appear.

Porn-watching peeper arrested in library

A man was arrested on charges of second degree criminal trespassing Jan. 9 at 10 a.m.

Police responded to the Main Library after a woman reported that a man followed her into the bathroom. The woman said that prior to entering the bathroom she saw the man walking towards the restroom. Once she was inside the stall, she saw the man enter the restroom and stop by her stall. She could see him through the crack between the stalls’ door and its frame. The woman said, “”Excuse me!”” and the man left.

Police later located the man viewing pornographic material on a computer screen in the Integrated Learning Commons. The woman identified him as the man who had followed her into the restroom.

He verbally identified himself to police. A check on his name showed that he had two criminal misdemeanor warrants out for his arrest from the Tucson Police Department. The man said that he had no association with the UA but frequented the library in order to use the computers and view pornographic materials online. He told officers, “”I was watching porn earlier today and got excited. So, I decided to follow this lady inside the restroom to peep on her.””

The man was taken to the Pima County Jail where he was booked for the two warrants and second degree criminal trespass. He was also given an exclusionary order prohibiting him from being on any UA owned or controlled properties.

Man found drinking near splattered urine

A man was taken to jail on several charges Jan. 10 at 9:50 a.m.

While doing a security check on the Temporary Law Library, an officer noticed a man sitting between the south side of the building and the wall that divided the sidewalk from the building. The man was drinking what appeared to be a 24-ounce can of Old English Malt Liquor.

When the officer approached the man, he noticed that urine was splattered on the wall and ground in three places. The officer asked the man if he knew anything about the urine. He said, “”Yeah, that was me. I had the squirts as you can see and had nowhere else to go.””

The officer then asked the man if he could see the can of Old English. He handed the can over to the officer, who reported that it had half of its contents and was cold to the touch. When the officer told the man he had seen him drinking, the man said, “”Yeah, I was drinking, but I figured no one would see me here.””

The man verbally identified himself. A records check showed that he had been issued an exclusionary Order from UA property that was still in effect. The man said he knew he was not supposed to be on UA property.

The man was arrested for drinking in public, criminal trespass, criminal littering and criminal nuisance. He was issued a new exclusionary order that is effective for one year. He was transported to the Pima County Jail where he was booked on all charges.