Hot & Not

Courtesy of Keith Allison

Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry (30) runs down the court during Golden State’s 114-107 victory over the Washington Wizards in the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 24, 2015. Curry was named the 2014-15 NBA MVP on Monday.

Hot

Steph Curry

It was officially announced on Monday that Golden State Warriors guard Steph Curry, or Chef Curry, as he’s affectionately called, won the 2014-15 NBA MVP award. The 6-foot-3 guard from Davidson racked up 100 of the 130 first-place votes to win his first MVP. Safe to say ESPN will be serving chicken curry today.

Chris Paul

The Los Angeles Clippers star point guard arguably made the biggest shot of his career on Saturday, a game-winner in game seven against the San Antonio Spurs. After injuring his hamstring earlier in the game, Paul threw up a midrange floater off one leg over Spurs stud defender Tim Duncan with seconds left on the clock.

Craig Counsell

Former Arizona Diamondback Craig Counsell was named the manager for the Milwaukee Brewers over the weekend. Counsell was a member of the 2001 MLB Champion Diamondbacks squad and spent his last five years of his playing career with the Brewers.

Not

Jameis Winston’s baseball career

After being picked first overall by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 2015 NFL Draft, Jameis Winston signed his contract within a few days. However, unlike Seattle Seahawk quarterback Russell Wilson, Winston is banned from playing baseball professionally.

Mike Conley

Memphis Grizzlies guard Mike Conley is fighting his way back from surgery for a facial fracture suffered during the team’s first round series against the Portland Trail Blazers. Conley missed game one of the second round and will likely miss a few more games for a Grizzlies team that could desperately use his production.

Washington basketball

The Huskies haven’t had a dominant men’s basketball team since the late 2000s when Isaiah Thomas led the way and haven’t caught a break since. During the season, center Robert Upshaw was kicked off the team, and now starter Nigel Williams-Goss has transferred to Gonzaga. Yikes.

_______________

Follow Roberto Payne on Twitter.