Calendar

Today

Le Chat Lunatique – Only the coolest cats (with the best fake IDs) can get in to hear the swinging jazzy sounds of Le Chat Lunatique and Pearl Handled Pistol. 7:30 p.m. $5. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. (21+)

The Fray – I probably don’t have to tell you that they’re back in town for what seems like the millionth time this year. I guess people can’t get enough of them because they keep selling out and, you guessed it, they’re sold out again. If you found a way to get tickets, lucky you. 8 p.m. $20 to $34. Centennial Hall

Tomorrow

The Beta Sweat CD release party – Funky cats from Tucson release their first full-length CD on local label Mudhouse Records. They’re what the hipsters call “”hep,”” and the first 20 people to the Rialto get free hand-printed “”The Beta Sweat”” posters. With Golden Boots and Al Perry. 8 p.m. $5. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Suicide Girls Scooter Rally – You know you want it – to go to the rally, that is, not to see these hot half-clothed/fully-tattooed girls ride around on scooters. Whatever your motivation, the Suicide Girls are in town! They’ll be performing a burlesque show on motorized contraptions with girl bands Tsu Shi Ma Mi Re and Rocket. 9:30 p.m. $10 advance, $12 at the door. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. (21+)

“”Loving Annabelle”” – The Lesbian Looks Film Series presents this film about an illicit love affair between a Catholic boarding school teacher and her female student. This cataclysmic love affair changes them both. This is the only showing of the film, so quench your thirst for heart-wrenching love stories tonight. 7 p.m. $8.25. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Saturday

“”Twin Peaks”” – This show was co-created by David Lynch, but it was cancelled in its second season due to low ratings. Apparently Americans didn’t get it. What a shock. Catherine Coulson, also known as “”The Log-Lady,”” a woman who always carries a log because it “”speaks to her,”” will be speaking. A selection of David Lynch’s short films will also be shown, including “”The Amputee.”” 8 p.m. $8. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Salvador Duran and Friends – Salvador makes horse noises with his mouth, gallops onstage, sings in Spanish and wears a harmonica around his neck. He delivers his shows with charisma and originality that you will most definitely never see anywhere else. 9 p.m. $6. Solar Culture, 31 E. Toole Ave.

Leftover Crack, Citizen Fish – If there is anything that I learned when I was living on the streets for a year; it’s that there is never any leftover crack. Therefore, I do not know how this band can ever relate to me, but Leftover Crack does mix a skatastic sound with punk metal. 7 p.m. $5. Skrappy’s, 201 E. Broadway Blvd.

Antlerand – Go see them and you’ll be glad you did because their atmospheric sounds illustrate the future of indie rock. Wear cool shoes to stare at. 7 p.m. $6. The Living Room, 413 E. Fifth St.

Sunday

“”9/11 Revisited”” – This screening of the controversial movie that strongly contrasts the things that the U.S. government wants you to think happened on Sept. 11 and the things that actually happened on Sept. 11. 8 p.m. $5. The Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Monday

“”Cruel and Unusual”” – Wingspan presents this film about transgender women in men’s prisons in the U.S. and how they overcome denial of medical care, solitary confinement, self-mutilation and rape – all while striving to fully become women. This film will be followed by a discussion with Dean Spade, who founded the Sylvia Rivera Law Project, a nonprofit legal collective that provides legal services to transgender, intersex and gender-non-conforming people. 7:30 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Deftones with Deadsy – I watched them change in the house of the flies and I think the chick on the cover of their new album Saturday Night Wrist is super-hot. They put on a good show, and Nicole Richie wore a Deadsy shirt in the first episode of the “”The Simple Life,”” so they must be good. 8 p.m. $25. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Tuesday

Allison Krauss and Union Station – It’s good old-fashioned country music, ya hear? But seriously, Allison Krauss sings that song “”You say it best, when you say nothing at all.”” That’s almost as good as JoJo’s lyrics “”I don’t know what to do when you do what you do.”” 8 p.m. $31 to $44. Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Ave.

The Slits– This is a girl group who changed the way the world thought about girl groups, and they’re having a reunion tour! Come on, who doesn’t like slits? 9:30 p.m. $10 advance, $12 at the door. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. (21+)

Godsmack – The lords of mainstream metal, the members of Godsmack claim to be influenced by “”Air, Fire, Water, Earth and Alice in Chains.”” 7 p.m. $20 to $40. Casino Del Sol’s AVA Amphitheater, 5655 W. Valencia Road

Wednesday

Jello Biafra – Former lead singer and songwriter of Dead Kennedys, Biafra is a self-proclaimed anarchist who is a fan of pranksterism and other uncommon tactics for political change. The name “”Jello”” is actually a nod to the mass-produced and un-nutritional gelatin, while Biafra is the name of a short-lived starving country in Africa that tried to secede from Nigeria. Jello Biafra is a spoken-word guru. 9 p.m. $10. Solar Culture, 31 E. Toole Ave.

Wolf Eyes – Experimental rock. Sounds saucy. Very hip, very now. With Raven Strain and Sick Llama. 8:30 p.m. $6 advance, $8 at the door. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. (21+)

– compiled by Alexandria Kassman