Rank and File

Brilliant

“Microaggression” projects taking off — Racial slights can be subtle, but they aren’t minor. Starting to acknowledge all the interactions that lead to tensions is the first step in dismantling systems of oppression. Now we just need a UA blog.

Guaranteed tuition — Finally.

Lyft — It’s nice that Uber finally has some competition in town in the super-convenient-for-college-students market. Lyft is cheaper and faster than cabs, and a totally valid D.D. Plus, it makes us so happy to see those cars driving around with their pink fluffy mustaches.

Blah

BuzzFeed quizzes — Yes, we probably would be Kanye in a rapper situation, and we are very similar to Chipotle (free guac, though), but other than a weird sense of satisfaction from confirming that, what are these quizzes giving us? Worse grades and annoyed Facebook friends.

Bogus

Other people using Tapingo — There’s inevitably a guy named Chad remotely cutting in you in line with Tapingo. It’s mysterious, and we don’t understand its power to supercede the traditional line structure, so maybe we aren’t paying proper reverence. But god it would be nice to not have 10 invisible customers standing in front of you at IQ Fresh.

HIMYM finale — Spoiler alert. The mother, Tracy, becomes terminally ill, and Ted ends up running to Robin with the blue French horn that started it all. Ted and Robin have been dead and gone for a long time; why bring them back? The showrunners wanted to please everyone and ended up pleasing no one.