Police Beat: April 2

With a vengeance

A student called the University of Arizona Police Department at 11:25 p.m. on March 26 and said he had gotten in several heated arguments with another man in the Navajo-Pinal Residence Hall. He told officers that the other man woke him up in the middle of the night and started screaming and cursing at him. Another time, he and his roommate were studying and noticed liquid coming through the bottom of the door. He said when he opened the door, the same man was there and had screamed and had run away. The caller said the liquid was urine.

He said he thought the man disliked him because he had refused to share his notes with the man after the man missed a class they had together. The officers asked the caller if he would like for them to speak with the man. The student said yes, and officers immediately spoke with the man and told him that he must speak to the caller in a civil way. Officers talked to the caller later that week and asked him if he was still being harassed and the student said no.

Painting the town “Dan?”

UAPD officers were on patrol at 6:52 p.m. on March 26 when they saw graffiti on a wall near Centennial Hall. Officers noticed the bright green graffiti paint was still wet and had a fresh paint smell.

The majority of the paint was on a gray metal side door and was about 6 feet wide and 6 feet long. The graffiti said, “Dan?” One of the officers at the scene thought it looked similar to several other graffiti jobs appearing around campus. The officers photographed the damage. There are no suspects at this time.

Missing Mac

Officers went to Likins Hall after a resident reported his MacBook laptop missing on March 23. The student told officers that he went away that weekend and left his laptop behind. When he returned, he noticed it was missing.

The student said he last remembered seeing it next to his bed, and that his roommate had moved out that same weekend and could have accidentally left the door open. He estimated the laptop cost $1,000. There are no suspects at this time.