Police Beat

A man reported the theft of a CD player from his Buick, which was parked at the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house, 1420 N. Vine Ave., at 7:47 p.m on March 24.

At 8:06 p.m. an officer responded to the south parking lot of the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house regarding a recently broken into vehicle. Upon arrival the officer made contact with a man who said he parked his vehicle in the parking lot at 3:40 p.m.

The man also said at 7:40 p.m. on the same day he received a telephone call from his friend, who noticed the left driver’s-side window of his car was broken.

After getting the call, the man went to his car, inspected it and noticed that his single-disc CD player was missing, and contacted the University of Arizona Police Department.

The man said everything besides the missing Alpine CD player and the opened glove box appeared normal.

The officer called the man’s friend on March 23 at 9 p.m., he observed two unfamiliar men walking slowly and looking at different vehicles in the parking lot of the fraternity house.

The men were described as 5-foot-6.

The subjects walked once through the parking lot, doubled back, got into their white-and-red late ’80s model truck and drove slowly through the parking lot looking at the vehicles.

The officer lifted a fingerprint off the passenger door window of the man’s car.

No additional property was taken as evidence.

A red Toyota 4Runner was broken into while it was parked at 1832 E. First St. between the hours of 3:45 p.m. and 8:25 p.m. on March 24.

At 8:27 p.m. an officer met with the owner of the car who said he parked his vehicle on the east side of parking lot 4057, and when he returned he noticed his Sony stereo faceplate was missing from his dashboard.

He also noticed his CD case, containing approximately 65 CDs, was missing from the vehicle’s floorboard on the passenger side.

Nothing else was missing from the vehicle.

A CD, which had been inside the stereo, was found on the passenger seat.

The officer collected the CD as evidence.

There are no suspects or witnesses.

A woman was arrested for failure to appear and failure to comply, and a man was arrested for failure to appear at 1010 N. Park Ave. at 1:59 p.m. on March 23.

At 1:40 p.m. an officer was dispatched to Manzanita-Mohave Residence Hall, where he spoke with a man who had observed another man and a woman standing by the bike racks of the residence hall.

The woman had a blue bicycle already in her possession and they appeared to be very interested in the bicycles locked to the rack.

When the two observed the man watching them, they appeared to get very nervous and walked away.

The two stopped by the bicycle racks on the north side of the dorm and again started looking at the bicycles.

The man said he did not observe the two touching the bikes in either rack.

A field interview was taken with the two at East Second Street and North Park Avenue.

They said they were standing by the bike racks because they wanted to get out of the sun and into the shade.

They said they got off the city bus at East Speedway Boulevard and North Park Avenue and were walking to the shops on East University Boulevard to purchase an Easter basket for the woman’s daughter.

A records check showed that the man and woman had warrants issued by the Marana Police Department. They were arrested and transported to Pima County Jail.

A wire cutter and some tools were found in the man’s pockets.

He said he was an electrician.

A man was cited and released for possession of marijuana at East Fourth Street and North Santa Rita Avenue near the Graham-Greenlee Residence Hall at 6:31 p.m. on March 23.

At 6:25 a.m. an officer responded to East Fourth Street and North Santa Rita Avenue after a police aide observed a man in possession of marijuana near the Highland Commons.

Upon arrival the officer made contact with the man, who denied possession of marijuana.

The officer told the man that the other officer had seen the man hiding the marijuana in the waistband of his shorts. The officer asked the man if he could turn around, lift up his shirt and let the officer see if there was anything in his waistband.

The man said he did not have marijuana but complied with the request. The officer noticed a hard round object in the waistband and asked the man to pull it out.

The man produced a plastic medicine container holding green leafy buds. The man said there was marijuana in the container.

When the officer asked where he bought the marijuana the man said it was from an unknown house and he would not show the officer where it was.

The man was cited for possession and the Dean of Students Office was notified.