While You Were Out

Lauren Chamberlain tags a Wildcat out for the win over Arizona on May 26 in game 2 of the NCAA Super Regional tournament. The win over Arizona earned the Sooners a spot in the Women’s College World Series. Melodie Lettkeman/ The Daily

Track

In Eugene, Ore., the men’s and women’s track team fell to eventual Pac-12 champion Oregon in the conference tournament. Despite the loss, the Wildcats still improved both the men’s and women’s ranking to No. 3 in the country for the men, and No. 10 for the women. The men and women will combine to send 13 individuals and one relay team to NCAA championships, to be held this weekend in Des Moines, Iowa.

Golf

Men’s golf headed to Norman, Okla. for the NCAA regionals, but failed to move on, placing ninth in the three-day competition. From the women, only senior Margarita Ramos advanced past the regional round of play. Ramos concluded her collegiate career as an individual at the NCAA championships, finishing tied for 45th.

Softball

For the first time in the Mike Candrea coaching era, Arizona missed the Women’s College World Series for back-to-back seasons. Arizona swept the regional round, and never trailed against North Dakota State and Notre Dame. In the super regionals in Oklahoma, Arizona was held to just one run in two games against NCAA Player of the Year Keilani Ricketts.

Tennis

The women’s tennis team advanced to the regional round of NCAA play, but fell to North Carolina at Chapel Hill 4-2. Sophomore Lacey Smyth advanced in the individual regionals and defeated the nations No. 10 player. Smyth, however, fell to Tennessee’s Natalie Pluskota in three sets and was eliminated from the single’s bracket.

Basketball

Former UA center Jesse Perry is now facing three felony charges of domestic violence aggravated assault, a class four felony, stemming from an April incident in which Perry and a former girlfriend got into an argument that turned physical at Perry’s apartment. Perry’s next court date is unknown, but an arraignment is expected within a month.