Student teller robbed twice

On Monday, Tucson Police officers responded to a report of a robbery at the Bank of the West branch on 3175 N. Swan Rd, according to TPD media release.   Officers received a call from the Great Western Bank at 2955 E. Grant Rd. only 40 minutes later, while investigators were still at the Bank of the West robbery scene, according to the release.  The suspect, seen in this series of bank video stills, is described as a white male in his mid-50?s to mid-60?s and approximately 5?9? to 6 feet tall
On Monday, Tucson Police officers responded to a report of a robbery at the Bank of the West branch on 3175 N. Swan Rd, according to TPD media release. Officers received a call from the Great Western Bank at 2955 E. Grant Rd. only 40 minutes later, while investigators were still at the Bank of the West robbery scene, according to the release. The suspect, seen in this series of bank video stills, is described as a white male in his mid-50?s to mid-60?s and approximately 5?9? to 6 feet tall

Bank teller and UA student Kaeli Barrett experienced her second bank robbery in less than a year on Monday.

Barrett, a School of Art senior, called the police when a man entered and robbed the Great Western Bank on 2955 E. Grant Road.

There was one other teller at Great Western Bank, Barrett said. She said she could not release details of the case due to the ongoing investigation and company policy.

The robbery marks the second time the bank has been robbed since Barrett started working there about a year ago. A man with a handgun robbed the bank on July 19, 2011 during Barrett’s shift, according to the Arizona Daily Star.

The Great Western Bank was robbed around 10:45 a.m. and the second to be robbed within an hour, according to a Tucson Police Department release. The Bank of the West on 3175 N. Swan Road was also robbed.

The suspect entered both banks alone, approached the tellers and fled with undisclosed amounts of money, according to the release. The suspect was described as a thin, white male in his mid-50s to mid-60s with a gray mustache and beard at both locations.

No weapons were displayed during the robberies. The suspect has not been found.

Barrett said friends and family helped her overcome the experience the first time.

“”I think it’s one thing to be robbed one time, and I kind of got through that … but I can’t believe it happened again,”” Barrett said. “”I’m in shock. I don’t know what to think about that, that it’s happened more than once.””

Barrett said she stayed focused during both incidents.

“”I don’t know how I do it, but it’s happened both times now,”” Barrett said. “”I just stay calm and I just make sure that the goal is to get the person out the door as soon as possible and no one gets hurt. I guess I just keep that in mind.””

Barrett said the robberies have made her reconsider working at the bank.

“”I had some seconds thoughts (after the first robbery), and I’m having second thoughts now,”” Barrett said. “”But I really like my job. I’m going to go back again after this.””