Our Pick

The Arizona Repertory Theatre presents its latest shows “”The Taming of the Shrew”” by William Shakespeare and “”The Tamer Tamed”” by John Fletcher to be rotating until the end of this week in the Marroney Theatre.

Directed by Brent Gibbs, the rotating shows present the two sides to the original controversial comedy by Shakespeare. “”The Taming of the Shrew”” is a play based around Kate, who vows never to get married. When Petruchio agrees to marry Kate, he attempts to “”tame”” her to make Kate an acceptable wife.

“”The Tamer Tamed”” takes off with Petruchio remarrying after the death of Kate. His new wife, Maria, shows Petruchio that women are equal to men, and comedy ensues.

With a different show each night, the audience can enjoy both plays in two consecutive nights and see the entire story of Petruchio, Kate and Maria. Yet, seeing the plays individually will be enjoyable too.

Check out “”Taming of the Shrew”” on Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 1:30 p.m. To see “”The Tamer Tamed””, go to the Marroney Theatre on Thursday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 1:30 p.m. Student admission is $19. For more information, please call the Fine Arts box office at 520-621-1162 or visit the box office in the Theatre Arts building. Visit Arizona.tix.com to buy tickets online.

— Bryan Ponton