Attend the 2016 Health Professions Expo, meet with clubs and health professionals

The Pre-Health Professions advising team and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion have partnered to organize the 2016 Health Professions Expo as part of Pre-Health Week. 

The exposition will introduce students to various health professions, provide them the opportunity to network with representatives and learn more about ways to strengthen their professional school applications.

“While students learn about programs online, it is really a different experience to talk one-on-one with admissions representatives about what they are looking for in a successful applicant to their program,” said Stephanie Watson, coordinator and senior advisor for the Pre-Health Professions Advising Center.

Various health-related areas such as pharmacy, medicine, dentistry, nursing, physical therapy, research and optometry will be represented at the exposition. 

“Attending this session is very helpful for people figuring out which health field is best for them and inquiring more about the admissions process,” said Cassandra Peel, senior academic advisor for the Pre-Health Professions Advising Center.

The exposition will also feature a student club showcase, in which students can find a pre-health-related club that caters to their interests. There will also be a volunteering section where representatives from organizations in Tucson can talk to students about clinical experiences in which they can get involved.

The 2016 Health Professions Expo will be held Tuesday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the UA Student Union Memorial Center grand ballroom. 

For more information about the exposition and other upcoming pre-health events, or to RSVP, visit www.prehealth.arizona.edu. See Health Professions Week events under “News & Events.”

Follow Varuska Patni on Twitter.