Police Beat

Beer pong tables fit in dorm rooms?

Four men were cited and released for alcohol charges Feb. 8 at 3:25 a.m.

While in the lobby of the Graham-Greenlee Residence Hall, a resident assistant informed an officer that there was a beer pong game going on in one of the rooms. The officer made contact with four men as they were leaving the room. The door to the room was open and the officer saw a table in the middle with red Dixie cups and beer on it, set up in “”the formation of beer pong.””

All of the men showed signs of alcohol consumption. One of the men told the officer that he was 21 and had provided the group with beer.

Three of the men were cited and released for being minors in possession of alcohol. The other man was cited and released for furnishing alcohol to minors. The unopened beer was disposed of.

This isn’t where I parked my car…

A man was arrested for being a minor in possession of alcohol Feb. 8 at 2:45 a.m.

Police responded to the Kaibab-Huachuca Residence Hall in reference to a possible assault. They made contact with a woman who said that she had been sleeping in her dorm room when a man opened the door and came into the room. She turned on the lights and began to yell, “”Get out of my room! Get out now!”” When the man left she locked the door to her room and called her resident assistant.

Police asked if the man had touched her. She told them he had not because as soon as he came into the room, she pushed him out.

She told police that she did not want to take the matter any further, and was going to go to Coronado Residence Hall to stay with a friend.

The RA told the officer that the same man had tried to enter another woman’s room in December. The man appeared to be highly intoxicated on that occasion.

Police attempted to make contact with the man, but he did not answer his door after repeated knocks.

Another RA told officers that the man had a drinking problem and was probably passed out in his room. The RA asked officers to perform a security check on the man. The RA unlocked the door and entered the room. The man appeared to be passed out on his bed. Police tried to wake him, and were successful after a couple of minutes.

Police asked him questions about the date and where he was, but the man appeared somewhat incoherent. When asked why he had gone into the woman’s room, the man said that he did not know.

Police noted that the man smelt strongly of intoxicants and had very slurred speech. They attempted to give him a portable breath test, but he was uncooperative.

The man was arrested and booked at the Pima County Jail for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

Drunk minor with 2 warrants flees from police

A man was arrested for warrants and being a minor in possession of alcohol Feb. 8 at 2:01 a.m.

Police responded to the Apache-Santa Cruz Residence Hall in reference to a man that had been asked to leave because he was extremely intoxicated and causing a loud disturbance.

When they arrived, police saw a man at the front gate who matched the description of the man they had been told about. They made contact with the man who gave them his name and date of birth. The man then ran west, towards the parking lot. He was not wearing any shoes.

Another officer spotted the man and detained him. Police noted that the man smelt strongly of intoxicants and could not stand without swaying. He was also unable to speak in complete sentences.

A records check of the man showed that he had two warrants out for his arrest, one from University of Arizona Police Department for failure to appear on drug paraphernalia charges, and one from the Tucson Police Department for possession of marijuana.

The man was arrested and taken to the Pima County Jail where he was booked for being a minor in possession of alcohol and for the outstanding warrants. The Dean of Students Office was notified of the situation.

You’re still a minor the day before your b-day

A woman was diverted to the Dean of Student’s Office for being a minor in possession of alcohol Feb. 8 at 1:50 a.m.

While patrolling near the Cellar Bistro, an officer noticed a woman exit the bathroom near the TV lounge. She was staggering while she walked. When the officer walked towards her, she quickly tried to get into the game room and TV lounge, but the doors were locked.

The officer asked her if she was ok. And when she answered that she was, he smelt a strong odor of intoxicants coming from her mouth.

The woman told the officer that she was not 21, but that her birthday was on Feb. 9, the next day. She told the officer that she had a few shots off campus, although she could not recall the location or who she was drinking with.

The woman was released to a friend after she was informed about the Dean of Students Diversion Program.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.