Date Book

Campus Events

• Seminar. The Physiology Seminar Series presents Emad Tajkhorshid, who will give a talk on “”Visualizing the Art of Selective Transport in Membrane Channels at Full Atomic Resolution.”” 11 a.m. Arizona Health Sciences Center, Room 5403
  • Mathematics colloquium. The Program in Applied Mathematics Colloquium presents a talk by Hal Smith titled “”The Dynamics of Bacterial Infection, Innate Immune Response and Antibiotic Treatment.”” Math building, Room 402
  • Lecture. Glow time! Come listen to Rebekka Wachter explain green fluorescence proteins in her talk titled, “”Why is GFP Green? Structural and Mechanistic Studies on Color Acquisition.”” 4 p.m. BioSciences West building, Room 208
  • Lecture. Part of the College of Architecture and Landscape Architecture Lecture Series, architect Leo Marmol will give a lecture about the application of residential prefabrication. 4:30 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room 202
  • Presentation. Ezra Bookstein will present and discuss his 2006 documentary, “”Milton Rogovin: The Rich Have Their Own Photographer.”” 5:30 p.m. Center for Creative Photography,
    Auditorium
  • Release party. The journal You Are Here, published by graduate students in the department of geography and regional development, is celebrating the release of its latest issue. Come to an evening of literary readings, art and refreshments. 7 p.m. Casa Libre en la Solana, 228 N. Fourth Ave.
  • Entertainment

• Bear Down Fridays. Get ready for a win over Washington! An old car painted with Washington’s football team colors will be displayed. 10 a.m. UA Mall
  • “”Halo”” tournament. Think you got game? Test your “”Halo”” skills by entering the “”Halo”” tournament. 6 p.m. $3. Student Union Memorial Center, Games Room
  • Film showing. “”The Omen 666,”” a remake of the 1976 horror classic in which an American official realizes his son may be the devil incarnate, is now playing. 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. $3. SUMC, Gallagher Theatre
  • Up Late! Another reason to postpone your pajamas – free drinks, snacks and trivia. Enjoy the Flavor of Love dating quiz, making your own music video and a Celebrity Fit Club workout session at tonight’s Up Late! 9 p.m. Free. SUMC, Cellar
  • Farmers’ market. A variety of fresh and organic products from local vendors, along with nutritional and physical activity-related demonstrations by UA departments will be offered.
    9 a.m. UA Mall
  • Movie. Come out for Movie Night, sponsored by Students for the Exploration and Development of Space. 7:30 p.m. UA Mall