FINAL: No. 3 Arizona dominates Utah Valley 87-56

Arizona guard TJ McConnell tries to throw the ball during Arizona’s 87-56 win against Utah Valley at McKale Center on Tuesday, Dec. 9.

Arizona men’s basketball won their ninth straight, with a 87-56 blowout win over Utah Valley The Wildcats held the Wolverines to over seven minutes without scoring at one point.

The Wildcats (9-0) had nine steals, 23 points off of turnovers and eight blocks.

Forward Stanley Johnson scored 14 points, had seven rebounds, three steals and a block. Forward Brandon Ashley had seven points and four rebounds.

Arizona’s bench outscored the Wolverines’ 45 to 25. Sixth man Rondae Hollis-Jefferson scored 12 points and had 10 rebounds.

Arizona shot 60 percent from the field, 30 percent from three and 59 percent from the free throw line. Utah Valley (3-5) shot 36 percent from the field, 46 percent from three and 67 percent from the free throw line.

Shooting guard Elliott Pitts had seven points, point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright had seven points and center Dusan Ristic had 13 points and seven rebounds.

Game nuggets:

-This is the first ever meeting between the UA and UVU

-Utah Valley led for 2:21

-Arizona has won 27 straight home games

-The Wildcats have won 36 games in a row against non-conference teams in the regular season

-UA forward Craig Victor played 12 minutes, he was a DNP in four of the last six games

-Two Wolverines fouled out and two more had four fouls

-Arizona had 40 rebounds, while UVU had 23

-13 total Wildcats played