NBA players to return to Tucson for the Lute Olson All-Star Classic on Aug. 18-19

Former Wildcat and current Washington Wizard guard Gilbert drives to the basket in Washingtons 144-139 overtime victory Dec. 22 over Phoenix in US Airways Center. Arenas is one of nearly 30 professionals to be invited back to Tucson to participate in the Lute Olson All-Star Classic Aug.  18-19.
    Former Wildcat and current Washington Wizard guard Gilbert drives to the basket in Washington’s 144-139 overtime victory Dec. 22 over Phoenix in US Airways Center. Arenas is one of nearly 30 professionals to be invited back to Tucson to participate in the Lute Olson All-Star Classic Aug. 18-19.

For the third time in the last five years, a unique family reunion will take place on the UA campus. Many former Wildcat men’s basketball players have been invited back to Tucson for the Lute Olson All-Star Classic, named after Arizona’s head coach of 24 years.

The First Magnus Shootout, scheduled for Aug. 19 at 1 p.m. in McKale Center, will feature nearly 30 alumni who were drafted by NBA teams or have played professionally during the

TICKET INFORMATION

Tickets for the dinner cost $175 per person or $2,000 for a reserved table of 10. For more information on the dinner and auction, call 621-7491.

Last year’s season-ticket holders will receive first priority to purchase their current seat locations for the All-Star game by July 13. Tickets will go on sale to the general public on July 16. For ticket information, call
    621-2287 or visit www.arizonaathletics.com.

Olson era. Gilbert Arenas, Sean Elliott, Andre Iguodala, Steve Kerr, Jason Terry and Luke Walton, among others, are slated to play.

Proceeds from the game will benefit the Arizona Cancer Center Bobbi Olson Fund.

The Sacramento Kings’ Mike Bibby, the starting point guard on Arizona’s 1997 national championship team, will serve as this year’s host.

“”Guys love our program, and they love coming back,”” said UA head coach Josh Pastner. “”It’s their program. They helped build it. It’s tradition. It’s family.””

The celebration begins on Aug. 18 with the All-Star Classic Dinner, meant to honor the title squad. It will take place at 6 p.m. at the Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. There will be a silent auction featuring Wildcat memorabilia.