Police Beat

A man was arrested for disorderly conduct and trespassing Thursday morning after police used a Taser on him at Starbucks Coffee, 802 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

Police arrived around 10 a.m. A Starbucks employee said the man was yelling and cursing at other customers.

The employee said she had asked the man to leave several times, but the man just got angry and refused to leave.

When police approached, the man began yelling and screaming. Police asked the man to leave several times, but he refused. The man raised his fists and said, “”Let’s go, let’s do this,”” reports stated. He was very aggressive and seemed like he wanted to fight police.

Police pulled out a Taser and told the man several times to calm down.

The man continued cussing at police. He kept his fists up and said, “”Let’s go,”” reports stated. The man then lunged at police, who shot him with a Taser. He landed in a flowerbed.

When police told the man he was being taken to jail, he asked to go to the hospital.

The man was treated at University Medical Center and then booked into Pima County Jail, reports stated.

A student was referred to the Dean of Students Office for code of conduct violations early Friday morning after a resident assistant smelled marijuana in a hallway at Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., reports stated.

When police arrived around midnight, the RA said it smelled like marijuana in the hallway, but said he could not tell which room the smell was coming from.

Police sniffed around several doors in the hallway and found a door where the smell was stronger.

The student came into the hallway. He appeared nervous and had red, watery eyes, reports stated. The student appeared disoriented and told police he smoked marijuana once or twice a week.

Police told the student they could enter him into a diversion program, but the student was uncooperative.

The student would not let police into his room to get the evidence. He said “”Can I just go get it and bring it out? I don’t want anyone in my room,”” reports stated.

The student was told police would need to accompany him, but the student refused.

There was not enough evidence to arrest the student for using or possessing marijuana. Police thought there was also not enough evidence to get a search warrant.

The student was released and the police report was forwarded to the dean, reports stated.

Two $140 books were stolen from the Music building, 1017 N. Olive Road, sometime before Friday morning, reports stated.

A UA employee told police a student had found the two book bindings tucked inside an aisle of books.

The employee said there had recently been numerous thefts from the building and said the thieves removed the binding because they contained a sensor.

The employee did not know when the books had last been seen.

The book bindings were placed into evidence.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A student’s $249 mountain bike was stolen March 27 from the Harvill building, 1103 E. Second St., reports stated.

The student told police he locked his bike with a cable lock around 11 a.m. and said he returned an hour later to find the bike gone.

A student’s $300 red bike was stolen sometime between Wednesday and Thursday from La Paz Residence Hall, 602 N. Highland Ave., reports stated.

The student told police he locked his bike with a U-lock around 5 p.m. on Wednesday. The student said he came back around 11:45 a.m. the next day to find the bike gone.

A man was booked into Pima County Jail Thursday afternoon after he was seen carrying bolt cutters around the Modern Languages building, 1423 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

Police saw the man around 2:45 p.m. The man had bolt cutters in his jacket.

The man admitted that he had tried to steal a bike. The man said he wanted to sell the bike so that he could buy new clothes and look for a job.

The man said he borrowed the bolt cutters from a friend and said it was the first time he had tried to steal a bike.

A records check showed the man had two warrants out for his arrest.

The man was arrested, and the bolt cutters were placed into evidence, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.