Wise not on NBA Summer League rosters

Wise not on summer league rosters

When Nic Wise wasn’t taken in the 2010 NBA draft, it was assumed that he would catch on with a summer league team.

But with the Orlando NBA summer league having started on Monday and the Las Vegas summer league starting on Friday, Nic Wise’s name is missing from all of the summer league rosters.

Wise tweeted yesterday that he “”Just got jipped out of Summer League wow.””

The summer league gives undrafted players an opportunity to be invited to an NBA training camp or impress overseas scouts, who are usually in attendance.

Wise’s former teammates Jordan Hill and Chase Budinger will play for the Houston Rockets in the Las Vegas summer league.

Former Wildcats Mustafa Shakur and Marcus Williams are expected to play for the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Indiana Pacers, respectively.

UA women’s soccer players to play in FIFA U-20 World Cup

Junior Renae Cuellar and freshman Ana Montoya will play in the U-20 FIFA Women’s World Cup. The FIFA U-20 World Cup will be held in Germany starting July 13 and continue through Aug. 1. Cuellar will compete for Mexico and Montoya will compete for Colombia.

Cuellar was the UA team’s leading scorer last year and Montoya is an incoming freshman who will join the team this fall.

A total of 16 teams will compete in the tournament.

Livengood hires former Wildcat

Former Arizona athletic director Jim Livengood hired former Wildcat soccer player Jennifer Klein on June 15 as the new soccer head coach at UNLV, after acting as an assistant at the school for the last three seasons.

Klein played for the Wildcats from 2002-05, and was part of the schools Pacific 10 Conference championship team in 2004, followed by the school’s first Sweet Sixteen team in 2005.

Klein played for current Arizona women’s soccer head coach Lisa Oyen during her collegiate career.

— Arizona Summer Wildcat