POBEAT: 7/6/16

An Unwanted Guest

On June 20 the University of Arizona Police Department was called to the UA Main Library due to a man in the Integrated Learning Center using a public computer. 

The 48 year-old man was given a six month Exclusionary Order on June 12 and was advised not to return to the UA Main Library. However, he had returned.

When the UAPD officer approached the man, he was found sitting with his eyes closed at the computer. The man said he knew not to return but did so because of the extreme heat, according to UAPD.

The man was arrested for trespassing and was transported to the Pima County Jail.

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

A UAPD officer was driving southbound on Mountain Avenue near the intersection of Mabel Street on June 20 at approximately 11:30 pm. The officer noticed a man and a woman, who was wearing a backpack, riding a BMX bike.

The UAPD officer stopped and asked to speak with them due to the lack of front or rear lights or reflectors.

After verbal identification by both, the woman was found to have had an outstanding Felony Warrant out of the Pima County Sheriff’s Office for failure to appear for a dangerous drug possession charge from 2015.

The woman was detained and after confirmation of the warrant was arrested. The woman admitted to having two glass meth pipes in her backpack that were wrapped in a sock.

The two glass pipes contained burnt residue in the bowl area consistent with smoking meth, according to police. The woman admitted that she is a current meth user, and was booked on the outstanding felony warrant in addition to a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.