With finals here, melt the stress away with these hot chocolate recipes

Press+Photo
    Press Photo

It’s nearly the end of the semester and final projects and exams are approaching faster than most of us can keep up with, but that’s no reason to let the stress win.

Putting your feet up and having a comforting drink is the perfect way to slow down and let your mind regroup. Best of all, these drinks are warm, soothing and very easy to make.

Nutella Hot Chocolate

Both of these holiday season-inspired drinks are rich, creamy alternatives to powdered hot chocolate mixes.

With its smooth texture and perfect blend of hazelnut and cocoa flavors, Nutella hot chocolate is an absolute must-have. Get a medium saucepan and turn your stove on medium to low heat.

Grab your favorite mug and fill it up with milk almost to the very top, then pour the milk into the saucepan. Wait a few minutes for it to heat up — be sure to avoid turning the heat up too high, or the milk will curdle.

Once it feels reasonably hot, add about two tablespoons of Nutella. Stir the mixture until everything is blended, then just add a dash of cinnamon and it’s ready to drink.

Creamy Hershey’s Symphony Bar Hot Chocolate

Hershey’s Symphony bars are creamier and milkier than the average chocolate bar, so adding about a half a bar to a saucepan of heated milk makes for a decadent treat.

Prepare your milk the same way as in the recipe above, then add part of a Symphony bar. Add a little Hershey syrup to the mix as well, if you’d like. Then stir the mixture until everything is melted and distributed evenly.

A little whipped cream or a handful of marshmallows completes the ensemble.

Follow us on Twitter @wildcatarts and follow Alyssa @AlySaysTweet.