Cobain of Comedy? A few words with Daniel Tosh

Daniel Tosh has been doing stand-up since he was a college sophomore, but only recently has his name gone viral with the launch of Comedy Central’s “”Tosh.0.”” Season two of the popular web-bashing series premiered on Jan. 13, with 25 episodes showcasing the best (and worst) trends on the World Wide Web. In an interview with WildLife, Tosh talks Twitter, politics and his comic future.

How has “”Tosh.0″” changed the way you surf the web?

It’s spoiled me. I’ll come in around 10 a.m. and I’ve got three people sitting down … at this big table with our computers, and just everyone sends me their favorite videos that they’ve seen, so I kind of no longer have to search on my own, and that’s amazing.

You’re an avid Twitter user. Is there anyone you wish would get kicked off Twitter?

Let’s get rid of the Perezes — anybody that’s getting paid to send out any Tweet I think should be revoked. I got contacted to start getting paid (to) Tweet stuff, and I was like no, and they sent me a list of people who they paid … and it enraged me because I started looking through their Twitters and they’d say like, “”I’m at so-and-so’s pizzeria and it’s my favorite place to eat,”” and I’m calling bullshit on all of them.

If you had to pick any Viral Video star to be your roommate, who would it be?

Hm, I would have to say Christian Bale. I like my house very dark, and he seems to be very upset when lights are turned on. And, if I ever get kidnapped, who better than Batman to find me?

Where do you lean politically, off the stage?

I’m a psychopath liberal. I don’t care, I’ll give 60 percent of my income away as long as I can pay my bills and feed my dog. I will say that all of my close friends and family are obnoxious conservatives. I enjoy being in the company of people that hate all of my opinions.

In 20 years, what do you want your legacy as a comedian to be?

(Dreamily) I would like to be dead. I would like people to be like, ‘oh, that guy was pretty funny.‘ People say life flies by, but it feels like it’s dragging — I don’t want to go 80 years, give me 50 or 60 years. Do you really want Kurt Cobain to still be alive? Not really. He’d be making horrible music with some super group with the remaining members of Alice In Chains. It’s better. Go out sooner.

“”Tosh.0″” airs Wednesdays at 10:30 p.m. on Comedy Central. For more information, visit Tosh’s blog at:

www.comedycentral.com/tosh.0

For Christian Bale’s infamous rant visit:

www.dailywildcat.com/wildlife