Election results: GSPC announces presidential, VP and at large member election results

The winners of the Graduate and Professional Student Council elections were announced this afternoon, with Sarah Netherton named as the new president for the 2015-2016 school year.

The elections, which took place on Wednesday March 25 from 9 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. were to elect the executive board, which consists of the president and vice president. They were also held to elect the At Large Student Representatives and Constituency Representatives.

Sarah Netherton, a graduate student in nursing, won the presidential race. Her campaign was based on the concept of creating a healthier campus. In her statement that was released prior to the election, she said this goal would be accomplished by ensuring that students are safe, confirming that GA’s, TA’s, and RA’s work only their contracted hours, working to guarantee good health insurance and creating access to quality physical and mental health services on campus.

Juhyung Sun won the seat of Vice President. His campaign was based on belief in collaboration, continuation, and commitment. He said that carrying out this platform could establish changes such as engaging graduate and professional students, continuing relationships with university students and professionals and solving issues related to tuition, fees, work hours and essential student services.

The At Large Student Representatives elected were Joni Dean, Jim Collins, and current GPSC president Zach Brooks.

_______________

Follow Ariella Noth on Twitter.