Calendar

Today

• George Thorogood and Buddy Guy – True story: George Thorogood created and played on a semi-pro baseball team in Delaware as a second baseman during the late 1970s. Also, he had a cape and a sidekick named Thoro-boy, although the latter has been disputed by “”facts.”” 6:30 p.m. $20 to $65. Casino Del Sol’s AVA, 5655 W. Valencia Road
    • “”Beam Me Up – Adventures in Outer Space”” – This art exhibition is more fun than a James Traficant speech and less corrupted, too. 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Free. Gallery Centella, 340 S. Convent St.

Tomorrow

• Bridging the Gap V – A hip-hop concert featuring Ill Styles and other Phoenix/Tucson artists. 9 p.m. $5. Vaudeville Cabaret, 110 E. Congress St.
  • True Romance – The remarkable love story about a comic book collector and the whore he falls in love with. Featuring Christopher Walken as the same goddamned character he plays in every movie. 10 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.
  • Saturday

• Mini-Psychic Fair – I met a psychic once. She told me I was about to encounter a terrible loss. Then she knifed me in the stomach and took my wallet. Joke’s on her though, I found a quarter on the way to the emergency room! 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. $15. Church of Mankind, 1231 S. Van Buren Ave.
    • The Red Elvises – The actual plural of Elvis, according to Wikipedia, would be Elvii. Proper grammar would suggest otherwise, however, it’s a filthy liar. Also, this show is rockabilly, which is a cross between an electric guitar and a billy goat. Science is amazing these days! 9:45 p.m. $8. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St.

Sunday

• Funeral Pyre, Murder Victim, Antagonist – And all other things synonymous with love and rainbows. It’s an all-ages, indie rock show, so make sure to bring the children! 7 p.m. $5. Living Room, 413 E. Fifth St

Monday

• M. Ward – Little-known fact: The “”M”” stands for magical. Some people say it’s actually Matt, but they’re probably the same people who don’t let you collect cash for landing on Free Parking. Kill-joys. 8 p.m. $14 in advance, $16 day of show. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St. 21+

Tuesday

• Alice in Chains – The name Alice in Chains was a play off the late Layne Staley’s original band Alice N’ Chainz, in which the band members would “”dress in drag and play speed metal.”” I have news for you: That wasn’t drag, the band members are really men! 8:30 p.m. $40. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.
  • Congress under the Stars – There’s a reason it’s called “”Congress under the Stars,”” and that’s because all the real stars play somewhere else. Featuring Carbon Leaf with Matt Nathanson, both of whom may not be that popular but still don’t totally suck. 7 p.m. $13 in advance, $16 day of show. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St.
  • Wednesday

• Carnage, Toki Wright, the Visionary, Kongeror, James Ciphurface, Jivin’ Scientists – It’s a punk show. I don’t know a lot about punk, except that this old man used to yell it at me for riding my bike on his lawn. If that’s what punk is, then I really hope these guys don’t ride all over mine, I just mowed it yesterday. 9 p.m. $5. Vaudeville Cabaret, 110 E. Congress St.

– Compiled by Brett Avram