Police Beat

A $600 silver Schwinn Fastback with custom wheels was stolen from outside the Physics and Atmospheric Sciences building, 1118 E. Fourth St., Sept. 10.

Police responded at 4 p.m. A $30 Kryptonite cable and padlock were also stolen.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A woman was cited and released for underage drinking Sept. 9.

Police responded to La Paz Residence Hall, 602 N. Highland Ave., on reports of an intoxicated female in front of a room inside the hall. Police went to the room and saw a resident assistant speaking with the female resident. The woman was sitting on the ground, and her eyes were bloodshot and watery. The officer could smell a strong scent of intoxicants on her breath.

The officer asked the woman her first and last names, and she gave her last name twice. The officer asked her repeatedly what her state of birth was, and she responded with her last name. Her speech was slurred and mumbly. The officer requested that the Tucson Fire Department report to the scene.

Three other female residents told the officer that they did not know the woman but that they saw her at a party and felt bad for her so they brought her back to La Paz. The officer checked her bag and found her CatCard to identify her. TFD responded and had her transported to University Medical Center, 1501 N. Campbell Ave.

At 7:14 a.m., the officer went to UMC to talk with the woman. She told the officer that she drank at a house party near the UA and that she drank one normal shot of vodka and two cans of beer. She added that she did not use any drugs and that there was no possibility that she was drugged because she “”was roofied last year at the Delta Tau Delta house,”” and that was not how she felt that night, according to reports.

The woman was diverted to the Dean of Students Office.

Police responded to a call about a tree being uprooted at the southwest corner of East Helen Street and North Warren Avenue at 12:24 a.m. Sept. 9.

A witness claimed three men had been attempting to pull a tree out of the ground. Police found the three men being detained by other officers. All three admitted to being intoxicated.

One of the men admitted to breaking the stakes holding the tree in position.

He was diverted to the Dean of Students Office for criminal damage.

Police responded to a claim of found property at Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall, 910 E. Fifth St., Sept. 9 at 2:09 a.m.

While police were there, a resident assistant heard a loud noise and went to a room to investigate, observing drug paraphernalia.

Police searched the room and found a silver “”Space Case”” marijuana grinder with marijuana residue inside. A resident claimed it belonged to a friend of his.

The student was diverted to the Dean of Students Office for possession of drug paraphernalia.

A $400 black Blackberry Pearl cell phone was stolen Sept. 9 at 4:15 p.m. from the Food Court of the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd.

The owner claimed to have left the phone on a table while throwing away garbage, and returned to find it was gone.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police responded to reports of a kicked-in door at the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house, 1420 N. Vine Ave., Sept. 10 at 9:49 a.m.

A second-floor storage room door was detached at the bottom, though still connected. The housemother said it would have to be replaced.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.