Police Beat: December 4

Baked in bed

Two students were cited and released for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia on Nov. 22.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer was dispatched to the Colonia de la Paz Residence Hall after the resident assistant on duty reported an odor of marijuana coming from a room on the second floor.

As the officer stood outside the room, he could hear voices and smell freshly burnt marijuana coming from inside. The voices got quieter when the officer knocked. The resident opened the door.

The officer asked if there was anyone else in the room, and the resident pointed to her bed where a student was under the covers.

The officer noticed that the resident had red, watery eyes and slurred speech. He told her he was there because of the marijuana smell and asked if she had any marijuana in the room.

The resident pointed to a shoebox and gave the officer permission to look in it.

Inside the box was an elephant-shaped glass pipe with fresh marijuana residue in it and two containers with marijuana inside them.

Both students admitted to smoking marijuana in the room, and both took ownership for the marijuana.

The students were diverted to the Dean of Students Office with a Student Code of Conduct referral.

Talk shit, get hit

A UAPD officer was dispatched to the Coronado Residence Hall on Nov. 22 regarding a report a fight on the second floor of the hall.

The officer saw four people in the hallway. One person had a face injury.

The officer told everyone to sit down against the wall. The students told the officer that the people that started the fight ran upstairs when the officer arrived.

The officer spoke with a student who was not involved but saw what happened. The student said he was doing homework and heard commotion outside. When he went to see what was going on, he saw three students “talking shit” to four members of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity, which resulted in a physical altercation.

None of the students involved in the fight decided to press charges.

All students involved were diverted to the Dean of Students Office.