What are you reading this summer?

Curtis Booth
    administrative secretary at electrical and
    computer engineering department
    Book: “”The Menace From Earth”” by Robert Heinlein and a book on medieval archery.

“”Robert Heinlein is … probably one of the best science fiction writers of the 1960s, and 70s, and early 80s. He wrote a book that’s called ‘Stranger in a Strange Land.’ That, along with ‘On the Road’ with Jack Kerouac, are probably the two most influential (books) of the 1960s. It’s like what made the hippie movement.””

Heidi Suennen
    family studies and human development senior
    Book: “”Twilight”” by Stephenie Meyer

“”I watched the movie first. … My best friend was like, ‘No, Heidi, you have to read the book, you know. Just do it.’ Because I was, like, ‘This movie is stupid,’ and she’s like, ‘Read the book.’ … I started reading it and I’m pretty much addicted. I can’t put it down, you know. I’ve already read, like, 400 pages of it in two days.””

Jennifer Hermalik
    consumer and retail science junior
    Book: None

“”I don’t have time to really read. If I’m not in school, I prefer just to watch TV and do something lazy.””

Nicole Lavely
    arts senior
    Book: “”Omnivore’s Dilemma”” by Michael Pollan

“”It was a great book. It was about … the processes of how we get (food) from the farm to the supermarkets.””

Noel Palmer
    marketing junior
    Book: “”Rich Dad, Poor Dad”” by Guy Kawasaki

“”I like it, it kind of teaches you a little bit more about assets and liabilities. It’s a different way to think about how you spend your money.””

Matthew Wade
    American Apparel employee
    Book: “”The Collected Works of H.P. Lovecraft””

“”It’s like old 1920s scary fiction. … A race of elder beings that come from space and populate the Antarctic 500 million years ago, and they built these giant structures, and then their gods descended under the sea, but people still worshipped them.””