ASUA approves vote counters

ASUA approved at its Wednesday Senate meeting the list of names allowed in the room when the special election results are tabulated.

The same group approved for the March 9 general election will help count ballots for the special election to determine the next Associated Students of the University of Arizona president on April 21.

Ballots are counted electronically with the UA Information Technology Systems administrative computing software.

Also, ASUA President Emily Fritze said she thinks people are warming up to the idea of moving Spring Fling back to campus. It’s becoming more of a reality for people, Fritze said, as people have been asking her not if it is coming back but when.

Fritze also said ASUA has already received some angry phone calls about the potential move.

“”I see that as a good thing,”” Fritze said.

Brian Seastone, a UAPD commander and honorary ASUA senator, took some time to reflect on ASUA’s accomplishments in its second to last meeting of the school year.

“”The senate this year has really taken on some good issues, not only for the students but for the university as well,”” Seastone said. “”You have been a great group to work with, and every year it feels like I have another set of friends and another set of kids.””

He urged students to continue to stay involved after the end of their term.