Date Book

Campus Events

• Health seminar. Nancy Rogers, coordinator of the Worksite Wellness program, discusses “”Preventing Heart Disease: Small Changes Make a Big Difference!”” Noon. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Ventana Room
  • Writing workshop. Joe Stefani from the Writing Skills Improvement Program discusses “”The Basics of Writing a Strong, Clear Essay”” This is one in a series of workshops that take place every Tuesday. 4 p.m. Free. Modern Languages, Room 410
  • Lecture. Professor Martin Tomasko, the principal investigator for the Huygens Instrument on the Cassini Space Science Mission, discusses “”Mission to the Surface of Saturn’s Moon Titan”” 7:30 p.m. Free. Kuiper Space Sciences, Room 308
  • Justice for All. Students for Bio-Ethical Equality hold an exhibit. 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Free. UA Mall
  • Blood Drive. The Red Cross is holding a blood drive. Come out and give others the gift of life. 8:45 a.m.-5:15 p.m. Cherry Pullout
  • The Violent Reality Between Empathy and Indifference. An exhibit featuring paintings by Marilyn Volkman. All Day. Free. SUMC, Kachina Gallery
  • Interrupted Life: Incarcerated Mothers in the United States. A multimedia exhibition that addresses the facts and experiences of people incarcerated in the United States. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Union Gallery
  • Entertainment

• Gospel music. Noon to 1 p.m. Free. UA Mall
  • Free movie. Check out a free movie on the big screen. Noon, 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. Free. Park Student Union Food Court
  • Poker. Try your hand at No Limit Texas Hold ’em. 6 p.m. $3. SUMC, Games Room
  • Pool tournament. Check your angles and bring your chalk. 6 p.m. $3. SUMC, Games Room