ASUA TODAY

About 400 Fray tickets left

The Associated Students of the University of Arizona is making a final push to aid UApresents in selling the last available tickets the The Fray’s concert set for Nov. 18.

Both organizations are attempting to get rid of approximately 400 remaining tickets. 

“”We are very pleased with the trend of ticket sales,”” said President Chris Nagata.

The concert’s capacity will be 2,500 audience members.

Caleb Wilson, ASUA executive special events coordinator, explained that the student government still has many ways to promote the show. 

“”ASUA has gotten a large portion of student response, but community-wise there hasn’t been any push,”” he said.

Nagata also added that the last portion of promotion will include “”an e-mail push to saturate the last areas on campus.””

Drop fee makes more than $100K

This year, for the first time, undergraduate students were charged a $25 fee to drop any course after Aug. 31. 

The charge has yielded revenue of approximately $143,000. The question regarding where this money will be directed is “”still in negotiation,”” Nagata said.

“”(The) money is specifically geared to help class availability,”” he said.

The drop fee will remain for next semester, Nagata added.

ASUA, GPSC elections may coincide

The Graduate and Professional Student Council and ASUA are discussing potentially holding their elections in tandem this spring. 

This possible new approach to election season is meant to help strive for a better voter turnout, Nagata said. 

Nagata hopes this will create “”a culture on campus for voting day.”” 

The graduate executive board will be approached with the idea by GPSC President David Talenfeld in the coming days.

Talenfeld said that while he is in favor of the tandem election days overall, the idea is still in the planning stages.

“”I support the idea. I think we’d get more of our grads to vote,”” he said. “”I very much appreciate (Nagata’s) gesture of offering.””

The primary elections for ASUA and GPSC could be held March 2 and 3, with general elections potentially being held March 9 and 10, he said.

“”We just noticed an opportunity to collaborate with GPSC,”” Nagata said. 

Both groups hope to fuel activism on campus, Nagata said.

ASUA and GPSC officials have been attempting to create a viable relationship with one another this year through what members of both organizations have called “”bridgification.””

ASUA elected officials are chosen at-large from the entire undergraduate student body, while their graduate counterparts are elected based on college association.