Volleyball beats WSU in 4

The Arizona volleyball team downed Washington State in four games last night
    in the Bohler Gym in Pullman, Wash.

With scores of 30-28, 30-26, 25-30 and 30-21, the Wildcats improved their record to 12-5 (2-3 Pacifi c 10 Conference) as the Cougars dropped to 9-10 (0-4).

Four Wildcats posted double-figures in kills as Arizona hit a dank .161 against the Cougars’ .165.

“”We were OK,”” said UA head coach Dave Rubio. “”We weren’t super sharp but … we certainly showed a little resolve at the end of each game that we won. Even though we weren’t as sharp as we wanted to be, we played aggressive and put ourselves in a position to win each game.””

Arizona was led by opposite hitter Randy Goodenough, who posted her eighth double-double of the season with a match-high 15 kills and 14 digs. Outside hitter Brooke Buringrud notched her second double-double
    with 14 kills and a seasonhigh 13 digs.

“”We certainly looked better that we did against (then-No. 21) Oregon last week,”” Rubio said. “”Any win in our conference is good, especially on the road.””

The

Any win in our conference is good, especially on the road.

-Dave Rubio,
    UA head coach

Wildcats travel west to Seattle today
    to take on No. 8 Washington (15-0, 4-0), which beat ASU in three games last night in Bank of America Arena. It was the Huskies’ 13th sweep of the season. The Huskies hit .243 – a season low.

“”Washington is a terrifi c team and so are
    we,”” Rubio said. “”It will be a great challenge and a great test for us. In order to win the match, we just have to be able to close out.””

Arizona leads the all-time series with
    Washington 25-21 but has dropped eight of the last nine meeting and six straight.

Despite the trend and that the Wildcats are 0-3 against ranked opponents this season – all conference foes – spirits have not dropped.

“”Dave’s told us time and time again, it just takes one time beating a ranked team and then it clicks for you and you know how to do it,”” middle blocker Jacy Norton said on Tuesday. “”As soon as that happens, you’re going to be right there with everyone else.””